Engine Ford Racing gt-40x

Anti_Hero0932

Jan 29, 2012
LaGrange, MO
I have a chance to buy s set of gt-40x aluminum cylinder heads. supposedly they have been to the machine shop and looked over and are good to go.

they are the 64cc chamber models

178cc intake runner
6? exhaust
they dont have the 2.02s they are like 1.94's i think

are they worth $775 or keep my money and wait

most of you know my car. 306 car with a letter cam. on3 turbo and supporting mods.

right now im running stock e7 cast heads.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

If you are 100% sure they went to the machine shop, I would buy them.
They are very good heads, just not so perfect out of the box. Their high price tag+ the cost of a valve job new makes them irrelevant, but at $775 with the money spent already on the head work, they are a very good value.
I know guys that have made more power than many here with TW's with valve jobbed x heads.

The part that concerns me is "supposedly".

Just to be clear, simply looking over gt40x heads isn't enough. They need a valve job.
If they haven't had that done, that will be about $250.

I probably wouldn't use E streets. They will need work right out of the box, I believe they aren't for hydraulic roller cams.
Thus needing at least a spring change (and i'm not sure that's all they need).
If you can prove these x's are valve jobbed, they are priced fairly. I wouldn't give up on them. If he can't prove it, offer him $550.

You have a turbo on a stock block(?) right? You just need good heads in proper working condition. Having a higher or lower end set probably isn't going to change much in your case.