Ford Racing supercharger

• Sponsors (?)

shanedog: I called my dealership today to make sure my baby was on track for build next week and asked about the Whipple supercharger deal. It may vary from dealer to dealer (and I would sure as hell get something in writing), but the service manager told me they can work it into the price and add to the warranty. What about the Kenne Bell supercharger??

Here is some interesting info I found on KB's site:

http://kennebell.net/techinfo/ford-techinfo/AUTOROTORvsLYSHOLM.pdf

It is a vague comparison on the build quality of KB vs Whipple. From what I gather the KB is built to higher standards for racing purposes. But If I was building a race car I'd definitely go with one of the centrifugal 'chargers. I'm primarily staying on the street, so I'm waiting for both twin screws to come out and see which one offers the best bang for the buck!

OK, some people need to do more research. PC, KB or Whipple all have self contained oiling systems, PC depends on air to air intercooling KB and Whipple are liquid air. A centrifigal blower like the PC or Vortech will make more "peak" power but less torque, on a street car you will feel more seat of the pants increase with the KB or Whipple as they will make more boost and torque down low. Now if PC is claiming 525rwhp on a stock bottom end they are in bed with rod and piston manufactures, because at the compression ratio the 05 has along with the powdered rods and Hypereutectic pistons, you WILL be breaking parts. The engine has yet to be proven as to what amounts of boost or hp it can handle in stock form, I would think a low to mid 400 rwhp should be ok with a good tune but at 500 plus it is likely a time bomb. I expect the motor to be like the previous 4.6's and be safe at 10psi intercooled which should be good for low to mid 400's to the wheels. Well, this is just my professional opinion, so take it however you would like. O, and to warranty with a blower, has anyone ever read what it says in the FRPP catalog for the Whipple 03/04 Cobra upgrade??? http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8281
"your engine warranty will be VOID with instalation of this kit."