Ford Rotunda EEC-IV Monitor Help Needed

I just bought one of these things and should be shipping soon. Does anyone know what overlay I need for an 86 and an 89? Anyone have a website that covers the use of the monitor? Anywhere to download a pdf of instructions to use this thing? Has anyone used this monitor? Is the matching recorder worth getting? Is it worth to track down a manual or is it pretty intuitive?

If someone has the correct overlays, are you willing to scan them in and email me?

Sorry for all the questions but I have an intermittent problem and swap-tonics is getting too expensive. I've tried many things over the year and two posts here! :bang:

Thanks!
Mikey:D

• Sponsors (?)

I would like to hear more on this myself!

I too just picked up a Breakout Box... haven't recieved it yet...

I would think that with some time and a wiring diagram, we could make our own overlays???

jason

I would like to hear more on this myself!

I too just picked up a Breakout Box... haven't recieved it yet...

I would think that with some time and a wiring diagram, we could make our own overlays???

jason

You dog! You just won that recorder, didn't you? :rolleyes: You know you need the matching monitor for that recorder to work, right? It won't work by itself. Go to www.techcapri.com and look for a pdf for Intermittent diagnostics and there's a good start on how to use the monitor and the monitor recorder. I think www.fordfuelinjection.com gives you the wiring diagrams and pin outs.

Cheers,
Mikey

What does a Google search bring up? The Internet search engines (Google, Ask, Yahoo, etc.) have been very useful in finding odd bits of technical data.

It tried Google a little the other day.

The problem I ran into is that most of the documentation seems to only refer to the overlay number (007-00012, for example), as opposed to the application (1989 Mustang).
I haven't seen a list that provides the number for specific applications.

Mike, I will try again later...

good luck,
jason

1990 5.0 GT
1993 5.0 Cobra
1987 2.3
and something for a 2.3 Turbo (not sure what application I will get the ecu from yet...)

Thanks for asking for me...

I'll look some more tonight (unless my parts get here today!)

jason

Ok! Got the index from the guy (what a nice dude! :D )

1990 5.0 GT
Listed as the following:
88-91 5.0L MA, Mustang, Overlay #26 Rev A or B

1993 5.0 Cobra
No luck here as the index appears to go only to 91

1987 2.3
and something for a 2.3 Turbo (not sure what application I will get the ecu from yet...)
Listed as the following:
87-88 2.3L Turbo, Thunderbird/Cougar, Overlay #19

Hope this helps!
Mike

Mike,
Well done!

I saw your pm, and try to reply later...

I did get my 'Monitor Diagnostic Manual of EFI/EFI' today.

Give me a day or 2 to try and scan it in...
It looks like a couple of sections are missing though... dang ebay...
But, it seems to be the only source we have for this 'old school' stuff.

later,
jason

BTW-
Overlay #19 looks to be for the LA3 processor... this is probably the most desirable ecu for the 2.3 turbo guys...
(I found one sitting on my garage shelf the other day, so I'm pretty stoked... even if I don't remember where I got it )