Found A Small Coolant Leak, Unsure Of What It Is

Trent_97

Dec 17, 2016
Hey guys my 2006 GT recently started leaking coolant, im unfamiliar with mustangs and its my first one. I have a picture to where the leak is, I have no idea the name of it though any suggestions would help please. if I could fix it my self let me know its just been really cold lately. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20161220_141359.jpg
    20161220_141359.jpg
    316 KB · Views: 141
  • Sponsors (?)

No one is really going to be able to tell you where the leak is. From that picture, it looks like the radiator is defective, like it is leaking where the tank seals to the tubes. BUT, it may be coming from another location higher up and running down. Best thing to do is clean it off anywhere you see coolant, then start it up and watch for a fresh leak. Make sure you look above that spot for it leaking and even to the sides. Good Luck, I hope it is an easy find and fix.

No one is really going to be able to tell you where the leak is. From that picture, it looks like the radiator is defective, like it is leaking where the tank seals to the tubes. BUT, it may be coming from another location higher up and running down. Best thing to do is clean it off anywhere you see coolant, then start it up and watch for a fresh leak. Make sure you look above that spot for it leaking and even to the sides. Good Luck, I hope it is an easy find and fix.
Thanks its just been so cold here without a garage to do it in.