Fox Body= Classic

• Sponsors (?)

1988 mustang gt mint unmodified 10,400 miles on ebay right now. Bidding is at $11,500 last time i checked buy it now price $18,000 . Mint unmodified original 1991 gt 144000 miles went for $7500 last week.

GREAT comparison right there :rolleyes:

If the modern Fox Body as we know it was going to turn classic in 20 years, that would've been in 1999.

That is true but it is still better than buying a brand new car. New cars will only continue to go down while the Fox 5.0 is slowly climbing up. I paid 3k for my 92 GT and over the course of 3 years spent a little over 1k on it (mostly maintenance and repairs). I am pretty sure I could turn around and sell it for more or atleast what I originally paid for it. On the other hand, if I spent 25-30k on a brand new Stang I would get substantially less than what I paid for it if I were to sell it 3 years later.

That is just common sense. The Foxes went through the same type of depreciation when they were new as well. New cars always will continue to go down until they hit a certain level which is market based. It is just a fact that most cars are not investments. There are obvious exceptions to this but those depend on a lot of things too. If you sell yours for what you paid with only minor maintenance things done to it you are farther ahead than most. It also depends on how many miles you put on and the market at the time. Up where I am in WNY there are a lot of Foxes around but finding the ones that haven't been abused or driven in the winter with the floor all rusted out is tough. Mine never saw a winter and was always garaged. I lucked out getting it from a friend who moved south for $2,200. He had already redone the whole rear end, replaced the clutch with a racing style one, new flywheel and many other things as he was setting the car up to race. He never got any further with it and it sat for a few years before I got it. I am now redoing the whole interior and getting it looking good again - replacing dried out seals,etc. but I have no plans to race so I am going in a different direction.

Anyway - these are not investments at all - based on the number of them out there they will never be worth what some of the current classics are worth. Just my $0.02.