Fox body drive shaft length

93tealcobra

Jun 7, 2007
I recently twisted my driveshaft after a u-joint took a dum p. I was prepping for test and tune night in ST Louis (Gateway) running the RPM's up high, I had a slight vibration on high RPM's and tried to locate it when when my shaft let loose and cracked my t5z tailshaft and broke two ears off the trans. What ever right? But I want a nicer, stronger than stock shaft.

I need to know how to measure and I hope someone knows the length and where to measure for a 5.0 fox. I was told to measure the U-joint to U-joint, but I have nothing to measure, as the shaft is a twisted tin can.

I just don't want to buy a DS from ebay, have new U-joints and a tube put on and the shaft end up the wrong length. BTW, My T5z will just go in a new case soon.

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Chris, why not get an alum DS?

Summit has the DS specs listed on their site - they were pretty accurate as I recall. I think I have a spare DS around if you need something in particular.

If you measure your car for a custom DS, there are a couple ways it can be done - the shop doing the work will specify. Also be sure the car is level when measuring.

Good luck.

I been bumping around the alum DS from summit. I think they are like $250 or so.

I really liked my new ds when I did my auto to t5 swap and put a stinkin fox trans in a sn95. That was a few mustangs ago.

Either one is about the same price.

Chris