Drivetrain Custom Shaft Measurement

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
Indiana
I've been on the phone with the guys that are going to build my driveshaft and they're wanting some information (obviously).
They're looking for a center of cap to center of cap measurement for the shaft.
Obviously that requires I already have the trans slip yoke and a pinion yoke. I currently DO NOT have a yoke for the TH400. Need a recommendation there.
I also don't know what U-joints to go with or how complicated that may be to answer (I'm assuming not very).

Driveshaft will be steel. Through a 400 it will see 8,000 max RPM

I need to get a trans yoke so I can get these measurements and hopefully have a shaft in the car next week.

• Sponsors (?)

The guy that builds all of my drive shafts needs a end of tail shaft measurement to pinion flange (for an 8.8). He always supplies the yoke as well. Make sure the rear isn't hanging when you measure

I've got a stock pinion yoke in it now (1330 joint?) and was going to just run a steel slip up front (looks like th400s only have an option of a 1310 or 1350) so a 1350 up front.
I'm not making gobs of power but a tbrake is gonna break whatever it can find so would you think I need to spring for a forged transmission yoke and go 1350 rear?

I've got a stock pinion yoke in it now (1330 joint?) and was going to just run a steel slip up front (looks like th400s only have an option of a 1310 or 1350) so a 1350 up front.
I'm not making gobs of power but a tbrake is gonna break whatever it can find so would you think I need to spring for a forged transmission yoke and go 1350 rear?
I might have a 1350 pinion yoke in my box of tricks... I'll look when I get home. I think the stock flange would be Ok but a 1350 will win in a fight all day long