Suspension Fox Body Front Strut/Shock

Sconnell80

Aug 19, 2018
Western NY
Ok so recently I replaced the front strut/shock on my 93 Foxbody that has the 5 lug conversion using sn95 spindles and is lowered. I ordered front strut/shocks for a 87-93, I do believe that the strut/shocks that came off it where the sn95 ones. After the change I noticed the front end sat a little lower then it did before. When I swapped them out I used all the same bumpers and bushings. It has cc plates as well and I noticed that I have a lot of threads showing when the nut is tightened down with impact. Do I need more bushings then what was on the sn95 strut/shock? I would like to gain that little bit of clearance has now if I turn to the right hard I get tire to fender rub, where I didn’t before. Thanks for any help in advance.

• Sponsors(?)

Mustang5L5

i'm familiar with penetration
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
Different struts will have different lenght threading even if the same model strut. You'll need to adjust the spacer stack for your Camber plates.

Struts have zero impact on the ride height. Did you change springs?

Sconnell80

Aug 19, 2018
Western NY
No I didn’t change the springs just the strut. I wouldn’t think that it would of changed the ride height but I don’t remember the tire to fender rub with the old struts which were bad. Just seems like it sits a tad lower then it did.