Paint and Body Fox Body Painting 101

• Sponsors (?)

No, but I think you're going to tell me.
Eventually the puppy stops whining.:tss:

seriously though, the shop I’m currently at doesn’t exactly have the cream of the body man crop. So if you hear whining on my part, it’s not a reflection on all bodymen. Just my current crop of pinheads.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Eventually the puppy stops whining.:tss:

seriously though, the shop I’m currently at doesn’t exactly have the cream of the body man crop. So if you hear whining on my part, it’s not a reflection on all bodymen. Just my current crop of pinheads.
Oh, I totally understand, we can't find good techs either, we have a couple that are decent, but they come with baggage. In our shop, the bodymen prime and block before sending to paint, it eliminates some of the finger pointing, but you also get extra primer used on something that needed another coat of glaze.

Oh, I totally understand, we can't find good techs either, we have a couple that are decent, but they come with baggage. In our shop, the bodymen prime and block before sending to paint, it eliminates some of the finger pointing, but you also get extra primer used on something that needed another coat of glaze.
I’m a picky little :poo: about final blocking, so I’m happy doing my own priming and blocking.

• Clever
Don’t take this as an insult, but are you a body man?

We sure could use one to help supplement my paint knowledge. I know a bit about bodywork after doing this for 40 years, but it’s not my daily activity.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
We do NEED a REAL Paint and Body Section on here. The shapes may be different, but the process should be the same. Having resident members in the profession would help us greatly. I am sure that we all have a few Dents, Scratches, Cancer Locations that we need help on.

We do NEED a REAL Paint and Body Section on here. The shapes may be different, but the process should be the same. Having resident members in the profession would help us greatly. I am sure that we all have a few Dents, Scratches, Cancer Locations that we need help on.
Hey this thread is real!
AFC9FE62-03D4-417D-95AC-6B519072DA42.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Dave, Dave, Dave........What has happened to you Dave? You have become a tech troll. You can’t tell me that you are so busy at work in these times that you have no time to do your own sht...

What the hell is UP!

Don’t take this as an insult, but are you a body man?

We sure could use one to help supplement my paint knowledge. I know a bit about bodywork after doing this for 40 years, but it’s not my daily activity.
Not insulted at all, but to answer your question, yes. It's all I've ever done, I was a combo tech for about 5 years, then just paint for about a year, then a bodyman up until last fall. I've beat my body up so much I just don't have the drive to do the work any more, so I had a really good opportunity to move to the front office, so now I write estimates and handle parts. I still find myself doing some small jobs in the shop.
I have a build thread going for my car with lots of pics and some explanations, but I'm not very good about taking pics while I work, I usually remember when I'm done. There's also some things I have done to my car that aren't exactly by the book, but I own up to that.
I don't mind looking at rust, or twisted metal and giving advice.

I know a little about bodywork to get myself in trouble. I've been in the industry since 1998. I've done a little of everything except and painting, I was never really interested in doing that. I've jambed panels, primed and blocked but never really painted a car. I started detail and QC, did parts, was a prepper, (hated it), was a teardown tech for a few years, a C-B tech doing body work, estimated since 2010, now a manage a shop, one out of four locations. We need to get people back on the roads, I can tell you that for sure!!

I know a little about bodywork to get myself in trouble. I've been in the industry since 1998. I've done a little of everything except and painting, I was never really interested in doing that. I've jambed panels, primed and blocked but never really painted a car. I started detail and QC, did parts, was a prepper, (hated it), was a teardown tech for a few years, a C-B tech doing body work, estimated since 2010, now a manage a shop, one out of four locations. We need to get people back on the roads, I can tell you that for sure!!
Bah! Office puke :D