Fox Body Rarities

I never really thought about it until this year>>>
I bought this 1984 SOHC 2.3 Carb'd brand new w/42 miles on it>>>
GT's were too expensive>>>
But looking around I do not see even 1 Fox Body on the road where I live 150k>>>
Last spring a guy came up to my house and wanted to buy the car under the car port>>>
I went to the courthouse to get tags for it and a guy was standing in the road and wouldn't let me me by until he told me
"Nice FoxBody Man"
I was at the Super Market and a Man and his Wife was waiting for me to ask me what car that was.
I was at the gas stop and kid on a bike said "man that's nice"
I sold something on Craigs list and the guy that came to buy the item told me the whole history of FoxBody Mustangs
and said to let him know if I ever wanted to sell it.
Something is going on People>>> I guess they are sick of looking at a bunch of crappy looking Clones that all look the same>>>
If you have a FoxBody>>> you have something BAYBEE that no one else does !!!

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I got was stopped at a light, and the guy in the car next to me offered to buy my car. I laughed and said no.

I've also overheard other drivers and their passenger say that my car is very nice.

I had a car that was tailing me suspiciously, til he was able to catch up and pull on the side of me where he gave me the thumbs up and the "yo, that thang wettttt" as i was blinded by his gold grill (teeth).

these foxes (especially in the bay area) attract the characters i have to say...

I had a car that was tailing me suspiciously, til he was able to catch up and pull on the side of me where he gave me the thumbs up and the "yo, that thang wettttt" as i was blinded by his gold grill (teeth).

these foxes (especially in the bay area) attract the characters i have to say...
I get similar reactions from similar characters when I'm driving my '90 Grand Marquis.

Not really from the Cobra. I guess it still blends in so far.

My best was..........I was stopped at a light and a 20 something pulls up next to me in his pick- up. (I’m a 40 something) Starts complimenting me how nice and clean the car was and tells me about a few he has back at home (nice to see some of the younger generation into these cars). We talk for the length of the light and part ways. My 13 year old daughter who was with me asks “who was that, Dad?” I say, “I have no idea, just another car guy talkin cars.” She was shocked we didn’t know each other. At that moment, she understood the Mustang fraternity I talk about!

These types of interactions are actually how I sold my ‘92 Lx lol.
It was many,many years ago-I was in an autozone parking lot swapping on my Shiny new MSD distributor cap. Guy walks up and says nice car,’92? I shook my head yes and went about snapping plug wires back on. He continues looking and giving me a parts rundown of my own car,like oh a BBK intake and throttle body,aftermarket heads,shorty headers etc. meanwhile-I’m still placing wires in there respective holder and nodding my head. Then I hear him from around the side- he asks - Aod car? What shifter is that? That a Monster tach,what about this,what about that etc etc. I closed the hood and entertained him for about 10 minutes . I felt the conversation had gone on long enough to be awkward and said well,I need to be going and reached out to shake his hand,rather than shake my hand-he held up up a business card,he said if you decide to sell this car,my name and numbers on the front,and he walked in autozone.

What's with the "wet" comments? I follow a lot of IG mustang people from Cali and always see them comment "wet" on some pretty beat up cars. I don't get it