Fox body Transmission crossmember question

• Sponsors(?)

90sickfox

I didn't really have an issue with the stink...
SN Certified Technician
Mar 2, 2015
I don't think there is a difference. The 4 cylinder crossmember is different but the v8 one should be the same stick or auto. I've swapped a bunch of cars and don't remember there being a difference.

• Agree
Reactions: General karthief

Mustang5L5

This is a big reason why I pulled it out
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
Massachusetts
The are the same except for one detail.

Where they bolt to the body is a tube in which the x member can slide back and forth on. They are located in different front/back configurations between aod and 5-spd, and then tack welded in place by the factory.

You can grind the tacks and slide the unit forward or back to suit. Most reproductions are sold unwelded and will fit either

Rdub6

Mustang Master
Dec 29, 2017
Long Island, NY
When I recently did my clutch, my crossmember was in tough shape. I don’t have a welder (yet) so I went with the Stifflers crossmember which has adjustable mounts without the welding. It’s a quality, strong mount, and was worth the money IMO.

James V

Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
The are the same except for one detail.

Where they bolt to the body is a tube in which the x member can slide back and forth on. They are located in different front/back configurations between aod and 5-spd, and then tack welded in place by the factory.

You can grind the tacks and slide the unit forward or back to suit. Most reproductions are sold unwelded and will fit either
So my car was originally an auto now it's a 5 speed, I already bought a tubular crossmember will it be able to work?