Fox body whining after h/c/i install

• Sponsors (?)

So what do you mean whine from the alternator? Over the stereo or literally an audible whine under the hood? If it is the stereo then you most likely have a ground loop. If it is coming from the alternator itself in a audible whine under the hood then it could be a belt issue or the alternator itself.

More information like if it has the stock serpentine setup or not, what year Mustang it is (assuming it's a Mustang), etc.

Would you describe it like a buzz? Or a sewing machine? Does it have stock cam? What heads and rockers?
The reason I ask is because I did GT40p heads and a B cam was told it was an E cam anyway never checked the ptv clearance on a low compression block (didn't know the difference back then) and the intake valves were just touching the pistons enough to make a buzzing sound,

Blew right past that.

Possibly the distributor gear not meshing with the cam gear. Pull the dizzy and check to ensure the gears are not getting eaten up.

If they look good does the distributor shaft have excessive play in the body of the distributor?

There is a small amount of play up and down (I think) check if the shaft is not getting pushed up, visually inspect the wheel and associated parts inside the distributor for witness
Yup that’s what I think it is but how could it not mesh up
There is a small amount of play up and down (I think) check if the shaft is not getting pushed up, visually inspect the wheel and associated parts inside the distributor for witness marks.
got a num to reach at?

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users