Fox Fox build and projects 1993 gt

Another question someone might have an answer to, is my ac compressor supposed to turn on when I'm running only heat? I know the car was out of r12 when I got it and I also know the relay or switch on top of the condenser? On the firewall is bad. Can I just unplug that switch from the black canister and make it so the ac doesn't turn on at all? The ac is something I plan on fixing over the winter. Thanks in advance for all the help guys I really appreciate it.

• Sponsors (?)

I just unplugged the ac switch and it's fine now, not clicking on and off on and off. I cleaned my throttle body yesterday though and it didnt want to start this morning, could it have messed up the TPS?, never had starting problems before I sprayed and wiped down the throttle body. Also I followed the wire for the ground to the o2 sensor harness and found the factory ground to be corroded and "grounded" to paint, I unscrewed it sanded down the firewall and eyelet and put dialectic grease and the extremely rich smell went away and made way for the "rich" smell I would assume would come from a car with no smog or cats. In case anyone was wondering

pass side.jpg

Attachments

• engine bay fab.jpg
    engine bay fab.jpg
    343.5 KB · Views: 210
  • driver side fab.jpg
    driver side fab.jpg
    312.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Winner
Reactions: 1 users
Looks good, but why didn't you mask the steering rack, back of the headlamps, wiring off, etc?
Well most of that stuff isnt going to be there when the motor goes back in, gonna get 1 piece headlights, new steering shaft, I honestly painted the steering rack because I just didnt feel like masking off something people wont really see when the engine is in and it's not a show car. I know its lazy of me lol

The only reason the engine is out is because after I got done putting on all the new parts ie. Gt40p heads, b303 cam, new lifters, double roller timing chain and sprockets, trickflow r upper and lower, long tube headers, ac delete, smog delete, water pump, power steering relocation bracket, wide band o2, 30# fuel injectors, 80mm maf, 75mm throttle body, egr spacer plate / egr delete, cruise control delete, after alllll that, I broke a piece of metal off in number 1 cylinder somehow, and destroyed the piston and cylinder wall. The engine is currently at a machine shop getting resleeved so I can put it back together again.

Here's the damage , I was alllll done

Attachments

• 20190404_162251.jpg
    20190404_162251.jpg
    334.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 20190416_111054.jpg
    20190416_111054.jpg
    293 KB · Views: 201
  • 20190416_111543.jpg
    20190416_111543.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 20190416_111434.jpg
    20190416_111434.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 185
  • Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
I also got a high flow fuel rail and wanted to either make my own fuel lines going to the rail since the factory ones cant make the turns I need or just buy line and ends and make my own, anyone ever made there own and know where I can source the 6an and 8an lines with fittings?

Well most of that stuff isnt going to be there when the motor goes back in, gonna get 1 piece headlights, new steering shaft, I honestly painted the steering rack because I just didnt feel like masking off something people wont really see when the engine is in and it's not a show car. I know its lazy of me lol

If you don't mind being considered lazy...or sloppy....run with it.
I guess because it's not a show car, you'll never open the hood at a Saturday night cruise in either?

The rack might not be that visible, but everybody's gonna see the master cylinder that is half white, the caster/camber plates that aren't completely painted, the power steering hose that isn't black anymore, the cloudy white overspray on all of the accessories, and brackets, partially white hood pins and all of the wiring harness that has overspray all over it.
And the texture that's on the upper radiator saddle...is that the dirt that got painted over?

It boggles the mind to think that somebody would spend money on aprons, and spend money on paint ( for whatever reason) just to ruin the final outcome because it took too much time to do it right. It's one thing when somebody posts a pic of something that came out "less than" because it was the best they could do,....it's entirely another when somebody posts a pic of the same "less than" because they just couldn't be bothered.

Last edited:
If you don't mind being considered lazy...or sloppy....run with it.
I guess because it's not a show car, you'll never open the hood at a Saturday night cruise in either?

The rack might not be that visible, but everybody's gonna see the master cylinder that is half white, the caster/camber plates that aren't completely painted, the power steering hose that isn't black anymore, the cloudy white overspray on all of the accessories, and brackets, partially white hood pins and all of the wiring harness that has overspray all over it.
And the texture that's on the upper radiator saddle...is that the dirt that got painted over?

It boggles the mind to think that somebody would spend money on aprons, and spend money on paint ( for whatever reason) just to ruin the final outcome because it took too much time to do it right. It's one thing when somebody posts a pic of something that came out "less than" because it was the best they could do,....it's entirely another when somebody posts a pic of the same "less than" because they just couldn't be bothered.
Thought it would be worth mentioning, power steering pump will be replaced along with the lines that are leaking, brake master cylinder will also be replaced with the rear disc brake upgrade, caster camber plates will be replaced when i put in my springs , shock and struts, steering shaft will be replaced as well as headlights. Its ALLLLLLL stuff that's coming out anyways which is why I didnt take the time to tape it off. Its not because I cant be bothered , it's just I dont care much for getting overspray on parts I'm going to throw away to begin with.

Thought it would be worth mentioning, power steering pump will be replaced, brake master cylinder will also be replaced with the rear disc brake upgrade, steering shaft will be replaced as well as headlights. Its ALLLLLLL stuff that's coming out anyways which is why I didnt take the time to tape it off.

Hey it's your car..you do you. Seems to me it'd have been way easier to just mask everything off rather than replace it.
And despite the statement where it's allllll gonna be replaced, I'd imagine that you aren't going to be replacing the painted wires and socket assemblies, or the upper saddle with the new mystery texture now buried underneath. A lot of us have went through a engine bay cleanup and detail, a few more have went on to do a full engine bay smooth. So everybody that has undertaken that project knows what is involved in the process.

The shiniest of engines isn't gonna hide the lack of detail everywhere else. Just sayin.

To add: I'm far from perfect.
When my garage is clean,...I have a very enviable workspace. It's rarely ever been seen because it's a freakin disaster most of the time. If it was clean, I'd have no problem showing it off. But it ain't. So nobody sees it.

Reactions: 1 users
So onto a mechanical question, I have gt40p heads and frpp long tube headers, the boots are really close to the headers, could I get straight boots and put my dei hear wrap boots on them to stop them from melting?