Fox Cobras

iowabowhunter

Mar 24, 2004
How many years did Ford make a fox cobra. I was thinking that it was only '93. Were they 4 or 5 bolt wheels? 4 wheel disk brakes? Theres a guy running around here with a 90 vert says cobra all over it and he says its a cobra, but it has rear drums and was an auto, but its been coverted to manual
Thanks
Bob

• Sponsors (?)

MyBad70 said:
never seen anything on a 93 that said SVT. they advertised the SVT on the 94 and up :)
That's true, they weren't advertised as SVT Cobras but SVT was the group responsible for their design and their name is found on the Certificate of Authenticity. The only reason I use that term is to differentiate from the Canadian GT Cobras (easier to type "SVT" than "Canadian GT Cobra" :D )

1993 was the first year of the SVT (Special Vehicles Team) Mustang Cobra. It came with four wheel disk brakes and 17", 4 lug rims. There are several other differences from the body to the engine, including a rear facing Cobra on the driver side and front facing Cobra on the passenger side.. The 93 Cobra came with port matched GT40 heads and intake and 1.7 roller rockers. My 93 ran a 14.0 in stock form, right down to the air silencer with about 70k on the clock.

16126.jpg

There were also 107 Cobra "R's" made that year. They shared the same powerplant, transmission, and body panels as the regular Cobra, but were devoid of things like A/C, car stereo, and included a strut tower brace. These were only available in Vibrant Red with black 3 spoke wheels.

75745.jpg

The 93 Cobra was the 1st "real" Cobra(SVT). Early on in the Fox line, the Cobra name was mostly a cosmetic pkg (think 70's CobraII), and was also a pre-SVO 4cyl/turbo Stang. The 93 Cobra had 4lugs, while the R model had the 5lug wheels, 94 GT wheels, just black w/ chrome centers.

Is it just me, or do the numbers in the right side of that chart, NOT match up with the numbers from the left side of the chart. They seem to total 46 extra cars. They also seem to add up to A LOT more than 9 Vibrant Red (EY) cars.

I agree, somethings not right with that chart. For example, on the left it says that there are 9 vibrant red cars, then on the right it says there are 1079 vibrants reds with black cloth.