Fox Fox Door Armrest Bolt Issue

Black1987

my wife Bedazzled my input shaft
15 Year Member
Jan 9, 2011
NC
I think I’m over thinking this, but how would one get this bolt out?

Previous owner put it back in like this and cannot get a socket it on it.

Tried different brands, non are thin enough
B134A20D-FAA0-4D67-8151-E40CDDEBE244.jpeg

Window motor is crapping out and window is stuck down.

Swapped the window switches from each side and they are good.

Tried tapping on the door while holding the switch

Shutting the door while holding the switch.

Now I’m just trying to get the panel off to test/Change the motor

It worked fine to and from town. Neighbor waved me down and I put my window down and now nothing.

Maybe cut a socket? I do not think drilling it out would be a pain.

Needle nose to thick smh

• Sponsors (?)

Are you using a 1/4" drive or 3/8"? I would think a 1/4 drive (8 or 9mm socket - don't remember which one it is) would work based on the pic.

Reactions: 1 user
1/4 drive socket, extension, tap it on with a hammer, just tap it on, I have a small 1/4 drive breaker bar that I could tap on while turning it but I'm not there.
I just hit a harbor freight socket with a grinder and did just that.

Just got it

Thanks everyone

?
If the motor spins going up and down, it is not the motor that is sticking
It's the track sticking, and then the circuit breaker opens up making you think the motor is stuck?
What is the remedy? You help the motor up some then it takes off right?
The armature irregularities I will call them make for an inop motor that also will not move until you help the window
However they will stop wherever and whenever
All the ones I have ever seen stick at the bottom could be fixed by adjusting the track and lubing the channels with the special silicone grease
Just the 2 vertical channel rail felts you grease with this stuff, (and the very inside of the upper rubber on the verts)

I work on a lot of windows
So did I when I was a Union Journeyman Auto glass installer circa 1974 to 1981..... I saw ALOT of bad motors that stopped working in the open or closed position of a door glass...... You could sometimes wiggle the glass and get the window closed for the customer until their new motor was received and installed...