Fox Fox Door Armrest Bolt Issue

So did I when I was a Union Journeyman Auto glass installer circa 1974 to 1981..... I saw ALOT of bad motors that stopped working in the open or closed position of a door glass...... You could sometimes wiggle the glass and get the window closed for the customer until their new motor was received and installed...
That sure was the problem back in the day and we used to massage the armatures with emery cloth and then scrape the mica ourselves too
Not much anymore. Like I said if his armature has a bad spot it won't stick or stall only at the bottom
True it is harder to get the window moving up from the bottom and that might make your argument hold H2O
So to test that you could just see if it will roll your arm up and off (the water drains out)

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So are you trying to get a standard socket in there, or are you using a deep well? Also, are you trying to get an imperial or metric on it, because I think it's metric, but that may also depend on what year you have to.
I think I used an 8mm deep well, 1/4in drive. Sometimes the 1/4 in sockets have a thinner wall over the 3/8.