Engine Foxbody idle/throttle issues

• Sponsors (?)

Whistles are vacuum leaks.

Regarding the throttle body and EGR spacer, sometimes it’s just the gasket or the mounting bolts aren’t tight enough.
Some of the old TB’s used to leak by the shaft seals. A smoke test would show that.
Yes but not in regards to the BBK throttle body. Too many have experienced the dreaded BBK whistle.

It's the BBK throttle body, I had the top end off mine two or three times trying to figure it out. I live with it.
I actually found it. Pulled the lower intake and the gaskets were torn uppppp. Weird because they were new but I imagine I didn’t have them seated right. Replaced the gaskets, vacuum leak is gone, but the main issue I’ve talked about is still present. One thing at a time! It’s raining today, otherwise I’d check fuel pressure

Reactions: 1 user
Okay, so I went out today and tried to test fuel pressure. Well none of the adaptors in my harbor freight kit fit, so scraped that. I fired it up and pulled the vacuum line off of the regulator, and it doesn’t feel like any vacuum is going through that line. Is there something I’m missing here or what? Preciate y’all.

I
My fuel regulator line goes to the little splitter thing by the passenger side firewall where all the EGR related stuff is. I have a line coming off the intake that goes to that thing that seems to be sucking in air? Couldn’t really tell if it was blowing it out or pulling it in.
can take a video/picture of the setup if needed. It is pretty redneck I will say.

I have a very vivid imagination, and I've seen 'redneck' too but a pic may clear things up a bit, the vacuum for the regulator should come off the vacuum tree sticking out the back of the upper intake.

I have a very vivid imagination, and I've seen 'redneck' too but a pic may clear things up a bit, the vacuum for the regulator should come off the vacuum tree sticking out the back of the upper intake.
It’s a gt40 intake so I don’t have the tree. I’m convinced I didn’t do the vacuum routing correctly ever since I swapped over. For reference it is an EGR intake so I do still have EGR.

7F661E16-F7D7-4AFB-872F-C51C95415103.jpeg

Okay so, blue comes from the metal line off the backside of my intake. Green comes off the splitter, and runs into the FPR. Yellow comes off the tree and goes into my EGR valve. Ignore the uncapped areas on the splitter, I just uncapped them.

The picture you posted makes me think you did but its not a full shot of the passenger side of the motor so we cannot be for certain. If not all this can come off as well and you will need these plugs to put in the back of the heads:

Or cut the pipe a couple inches from the part that bolts to the head, smash the pipe flat, fold it over and smash it, do that one more time, and then get a couple gaskets and bolt them back on.