FRANKENSTANG LIVES!!!!!!

1stanger1

Jul 3, 2005
in my house
in a previous thread i was asking about a 5.0 fuel injected swap in a 99 mustang and well turns out its not all that difficult but just wanted to let you know that it does run.........now i just got to figure out why in the hell i cant find a drive shaft to fit into the back of this damn transmission!!:rolleyes:

• Sponsors (?)

Its a pain....ive had issues using different yolks with different year transmissions. Like when i did 351 swaps on Lincoln Marks 7's i noticed the Lincoln had a longer thinner yolk and the mustang around the same year was fatter and shorter. Try finding the Yolk for that transmission and attaching it to the driveshaft you are using.

transmission problem solved ....i was TRYING to use a trans from a 95 gt turns out the input shaft is 5/8 of an inch longer than that of a fox...so i just decided for temporary to throw my TKO in there works fine drive saft slides right in..... no worries......and as far as the mustangs name..thats the cars name...its been that for the past 8 years...for one reason...frankenstein was created fromn many parts from many other bodies...and so on and so forth...
So was this mustang the doors are from an 02 the fenders from a 00 the k-member from an 03 cobra rear from a 93 crown vic wheels from a 2008 motor from an 89 marquis trans from a 93 cobra drive shaft from a 94 V6 stang

so you see this car IS genuinely a frankenstang...its actually not a name more like a title kind of like a category for mustangs...like gt or cobra