Friend's weighed their 97 Cobra and 94 GT today, comparison with Fox Body weights

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
My friend weighed his 91 GT yesterday and I posted the numbers in 5.0 tech compared with other Fox Bodys I or friends have weighed on the same scale. Today we took my friend's 97 Cobra and my other friend's 94 GT's to the same scale. Since there always seems to be weight questions on the SN95's, here are some examples of somewhat stock cars and how they compare to all kinds of different Fox Bodys.

Friend's 97 Cobra, Power everything, Mach 460, just about full weight except for no spare, no strut tower brace and no dogbone, added weight is 17x9 Deep Dish Cobra R's on the front and 17x10.5's on the rear and subframe connectors. Car also has no cats. 3460 with me in it, 3320 empty, 3480 with my friend in it, pretty accurate as far as body weight goes. In between an 1/8 and a 1/4 of a tank of gas.

Friend's 94 GT, 5 Speed, Power options, no Mach 460, full weight with spare, 17x8 98 Cobra Wheels, only weight reduction is no cats. 3420 with him in it, he weighs right at 150-155, close to an 1/8 of a tank of gas.

91 GT, 5 Speed, Power Everything, Aftermarket Sunroof, 5 Lug Conversion with 97 Brakes, spindles and axles, 10th Anniversary 03 Cobra Wheels, No spare, no sound insulation in hatch, no smog, Fiberglass 3 Inch Cowl Hood. Other added weight is small amp, alot of extra wiring for some alarm setup, a HUGE wideband o2, big tach, shift light.

3320 with me in it with just under half a tank of gas, 3180 without me, which is pretty accurate according to my scale at the house.

I have weighed both my 89 LX's, my 88 GT, my friend weighed his 93 Notch that I later bought and another friend weighed his 93 Notch all on the same scale.

My 89 LX Hatch, 5 Speed, GT Seats, Sunroof, AC, Power Everything, only weight reduction was no dogbone, no sound insulation in hatch and under rear seats, aluminum d/s, Pro Star Knock Off Wheels, no smog pump. 3200 with me in it, 1/8 of a tank of gas

My 88 GT, 5 Speed, Sunroof, AC, Power Everything, still had the spare in the hatch, still had the smog pump, had subframe connectors, Pony Wheels, only weight reduction was no front sway bar, no radio or front door speakers, no dogbone, no sound insulation in the hatch or under rear seats, aluminum ds, Steeda Aluminum LCA's (dunno if those were any lighter than stock?). 3260 with me in it and an 1/8 of a tank of gas.

My 89 LX Hatch, 5 Speed, GT Seats, Hardtop, Power Everything, AC and all that, still had smog, also had a Powerdyne BD11A Supercharger, Saleen Body Kit, Chrome 17 Inch Cobra R Knockoffs, only weight reduction was no sound insulation in the hatch or under the rear seat, no dogbone. 3300 with me in it and a 1/4 of a tank of gas.

My friend's 93 Notch, 5 Speed, Hardtop, Power Everything, still has ac and all that, Pony Wheels, only weight reduction was no dog bone, no sound insulation in the trunk or under the rear seat, aluminum d/s, no smog. 3160 with him in it and an 1/8 or a 1/4 tank of gas. He weighs 160.

My friend's 93 Notch that I ended up buying later, 5 Speed, Hardtop, Power Everything, Centerline Warriors with Skinnys on the front, subframe connectors, supposedly 31 spline axles (never checked, sold the car), battle boxes, weight reduction was TFS Aluminum Heads, FMS AC Eliminator, Kaenen Fiberglass Cowl Hood, No Front Sway Bar, No sound insulation in the trunk or under rear seat, might not have had any anywhere unsure, aluminum d/s, no dog bone, no front bumper support. 3003 with my friend in it, he weighs 140.

• Sponsors (?)