From 67 to 2010 - Shelby or Stage 3

I have sold my 67 and I am researching the dollar for dollar performance and value between the Stage 3 and the Shelby.

I prefer the styling of the Roush but also like the nastalgia of a Shelby. I also like the fact that the Roush has more custom/performance options while the Shelby Team is plain STUPID just giving cosmetic and stereo options. Dont they know that is the reason for the success of the Mustang in the 1st place -individuality. I think the 2010 Shelby wheels are absolutely 1980's. And there are no wheel choices?? The plain V6 gives you wheel choices??

I know the Roush is a better handler and lighter of the two but I am also considering what vehicle will hold value down the road. This will be a driver not a mothballed car.

Not to reinvent the wheel in my research, but what are your thoughts on the two?

• Sponsors (?)

He's talking factory options. In the long run the Shelby will be the most bang for the buck investment wise, if you're just gonna slam the car around corners nab the Roush.

I'd hold off til they start offering the ally Shelby block it should even up the wieght difference between the two models.

The 2010 Stage 3 has a forged bottom end and the TVS blower. They use the m90 in the 427R only now. I think a stock 2010 Stage 3 would be tough for a stock 2010 GT500 to beat. They make roughly the same power but the Roush has an aluminum block while the GT500 has that iron block with the few hundred extra pounds over the nose that comes with it.