• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Front 5 lug conversion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Creomod
  • Start date Start date Aug 2, 2020

Creomod

5 Year Member
Sep 14, 2018
554
47
48
San Antonio,Texas
Aug 2, 2020
#1
  • Aug 2, 2020
  • #1
I’d like to covert the front of my car to use the center cap to my 5 lug wheels. I have svo rotors with the stock foxbody capilers. I’d like to keep those so my question is can I use a sn95spindle with my capliers so can I do that?
 

ndfox92

Member
Mar 14, 2019
35
12
18
Brooklyn, NY
Aug 2, 2020
#2
  • Aug 2, 2020
  • #2
no you cant use the original fox calipers with the sn95 spindles, pick up some gt calipers or go cobra or go ATS brembo.
 
Reactions: Creomod

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,962
2,943
153
Long Island, NY
Aug 2, 2020
#3
  • Aug 2, 2020
  • #3
I got some cheap PBR dual piston GT calipers on eBay. Refinished them,
and will rebuild pistons and seals before they go in. There’s some deals out there if you’re patient!
 
Reactions: Creomod

Habu135

5 Year Member
Jan 10, 2019
1,241
784
133
California
Aug 2, 2020
#4
  • Aug 2, 2020
  • #4
'03-'04 Terminator brakes are fairly inexpensive and this path has been blazed by MANY before you. I'd spend the little bit extra. You won't be disappointed.
 

africansnowowl

Active Member
Apr 29, 2020
82
35
28
San Antonio
Aug 2, 2020
#5
  • Aug 2, 2020
  • #5
You can use your old calipers to get the core charge back if you buy new calipers for a 99-04 GT... Thats what I did. Ended up costing like $100 total with new brake lines and the adapter fitting.
 
Reactions: Noobz347

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
20+ Year Stangneter
Jun 14, 2004
9,303
1,648
214
Acworth, GA
Aug 3, 2020
#6
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #6
They make a 5 lug rotor that bolts right up. That's the cheapest and easiest way to go.

Kurt
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,628
234
Box behind Walmart
Aug 3, 2020
#7
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #7
africansnowowl said:
You can use your old calipers to get the core charge back if you buy new calipers for a 99-04 GT... Thats what I did. Ended up costing like $100 total with new brake lines and the adapter fitting.
Click to expand...

What did you do for the brackets?
 

africansnowowl

Active Member
Apr 29, 2020
82
35
28
San Antonio
Aug 3, 2020
#8
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #8
They came with the brackets. I did have to grind a little bit off the spindle though to fit the 99-04 calipers. Nothing major at all. Took like 5min per side. It’s obvious what needs to be grinded when you go to put the caliper on the bracket.
Or the 94-98 calipers fit with no grinding, but the 99-04 ones are the twin piston style. They are debatably better.
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,628
234
Box behind Walmart
Aug 3, 2020
#9
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #9
africansnowowl said:
They came with the brackets. I did have to grind a little bit off the spindle though to fit the 99-04 calipers. Nothing major at all. Took like 5min per side. It’s obvious what needs to be grinded when you go to put the caliper on the bracket.
Or the 94-98 calipers fit with no grinding, but the 99-04 ones are the twin piston style. They are debatably better.
Click to expand...

That's pretty sweet. I had to source my brackets elsewhere. Do you happen to have the ordering and part info for the set you got with brackets?
 

Rdub6

So while I wait to figure out my rear end issues
5 Year Member
Dec 29, 2017
3,962
2,943
153
Long Island, NY
Aug 3, 2020
#10
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #10
Noobz347 said:
That's pretty sweet. I had to source my brackets elsewhere. Do you happen to have the ordering and part info for the set you got with brackets?
Click to expand...
I think he used sn95 spindles and calipers, but used his old calipers to return as the core when he bought the sn95 stuff. But I could be reading it wrong.
 

africansnowowl

Active Member
Apr 29, 2020
82
35
28
San Antonio
Aug 3, 2020
#11
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #11
Rdub6 said:
I think he used sn95 spindles and calipers, but used his old calipers to return as the core when he bought the sn95 stuff. But I could be reading it wrong.
Click to expand...
That is exactly correct. Sorry if I made it confusing
 

Noobz347

Stangnet Facilities Maint Tech... Er... Janitor
Admin Dude
Jan 4, 1985
43,418
21,628
234
Box behind Walmart
Aug 3, 2020
#12
  • Aug 3, 2020
  • #12
No worries. Making sure there wasn't some magic part number I was missing that had SN brackets.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Brake pad and rotor upgrade
  • Sparky714
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
16
Views
503
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 17, 2026
Sparky714
8
87 lx 4cyl to v8 project 4 lug disc conversion questions
  • 87lx428
  • Mar 24, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
577
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Mar 25, 2026
87lx428
8
F
5 lug disc brake pad help
  • Foxrider714
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
3
Views
292
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Nov 17, 2025
KRUISR
S
Brakes 80 Mustang 4.2 rear chassis brake line for 5 lug conversion!
  • StangPowerLSX510
  • Aug 6, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
136
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 9, 2026
limp
Cobra Brake Conversion - Spare Wheel/Tire Search
  • AeroCoupe
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
7
Views
409
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?