Suspension Front Coilover Install - Brake Line Too Close

fredfifty

Nov 23, 2011
SF Bay Area
Can anyone tell me if i can bend (a little) the hard brake line that comes from the caliper? I installed coilovers, one issue im having is the brake line (rubber hose part) is too close to the coil...not touching it but im not comfortable with it sitting that close.

Also, i read up on the brake line bracket mod from MM. but i dont see how you can move the brake line rearward 1” if its a hardline tubing and doesnt budge after i removed the clip and hold down bolt.

Anybody who put in a MM coilover kit (front) please chime in. I have the kit installed, im just going over my work again (and probably again) to make sure its good before going to the alignment shop.

Not a good pic, i know. I will try to get better ones later.

Attachments

• FE4D1756-0EF6-4C0B-A054-63C612F2DC4A.jpeg
    FE4D1756-0EF6-4C0B-A054-63C612F2DC4A.jpeg
    190.3 KB · Views: 217
  • Sponsors (?)

I just did this a couple months ago. You can move the lines. Not a huge deal. I didn't take pics, but @MFE92 did this on his car and I used his pics as reference.

See his pics in the first post
https://forums.corral.net/forums/ro...lling-mm-k-member-arms-coilovers-my-92-a.html

Passenger side was much easier that the drivers side. Unbolt the line mount and the supporting clip in the back and relocate it back about 2. Carefully bend the line to adjust and then you'll have to drill a new hole. Driver's side is tougher as you'll pretty much need to remake that tight bend. Just take your time and it's fairly easy to do.

Once you get them bolted up and the brake lines bolted to the calipers, load the suspension up and then turn the wheel side to side and see if the line hits anywhere. My lines hit my k-member, so I had to bend the hard line clip slightly to get some clearance. It was still rubbing, so I ended up wrapping my entire flext line (which was an SS line) in a rubber vac hose with zip ties to add another layer of protection. When I upgrade to my MM k-member, that interference won't be there anymore so the issue should be solved.

The brake lines were the most difficult part of the coil over install. It wasn't tough, but just had to pay attention and work carefully.

Reactions: 2 users