Front end alignment w/caster camber plates?

BYRDPE

Founding Member
Nov 4, 1998
Memphis,Tn.
Anyone have trouble finding shops capable of performing an alignment with cc plates installed?
Anyone have any of the national chain auto shops such as Firestone, Goodyear, Sears ect. do their alignment.
I have installed practically all new suspension parts w/cc plates and I'm in need of an alignment.
Let me know what you have done and where did you go.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Some people don't like to try and align them because its not a factory suspension setup. Since you've changed out the suspension they don't really know what the right alignment is. Chances are if you have aftermarket CC plates then you have changed something else in the suspension. This can change the whole geometry of the front end and may cause the factory alignment specs to be incorrect (or at least not optimal). Given that, check out MM for some guidelines on where to set the alignment.

I had Firestone do an alignment for me, They were much higher and I had to take it back.

We have quite a few good local shops here that are capable.

Pretty much any good shop thats sells tires/wheels should be able to aligne with cc plates. same idea and in fact, usually easier.

any shop that has a machine for doing alignments can do a car with cc plates....even if its way out... anyone who tells you that they cant do it doesnt know what they're doing...cc plates just give you more adjustment for cases like lowering springs and such...