Front end is too low

Kelso Gringo

Dec 12, 2007
I want to raise my front end a little. It is just too low for standard around town driving. I scrape even just inching over a speed bump in a parking lot.
Is there anything wrong with just replacing the front coil springs and leaving the rears? Or do I need to do them as a set?

• Sponsors (?)

front springs

you bottom out with the stock suspension?

Not stock. The previous owner apparently lowered it with springs. I traced the model number down to saleen racecraft if that means anything. Both front tires were worn on the inside with lots of tread on the outside when I got it. So, I would like it slightly lowered, but not as much as it is. I figure the only way to raise the front end is replacing the springs, eh?

i installed some poly insulators to raise my car and it worked like a charm.( i had the stock rubber ones removed when i lowered the car)
car doesnt scrape and rides quieter.

I had the same thing. H&R SS vert springs drop the front more than the Coupe springs. My car had a serious rake. Looked good, but scraping EVERYTHING got old fast. I replaced them with Roush fronts and its been great ever since. My car sits totally level now.