Suspension Front End Vibration

cdurbin

5 Year Member
Jul 27, 2012
North Charleston, SC
Looking to get some advice or direction for some of you gurus on here. I have a slight vibration at low speeds and it feels like it is coming from the front end. It's almost like a bouncing feeling if that makes sense. I only notice it at low speeds and it seems to only happen when I drive the car after it has been sitting a bit. After I drive it for a while it seems to level out on it's own. Not sure where to start troubleshooting on this one. Any ideas? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

It depends on the tires, and the time they take to normalize depends on temps. I've had extreme-performance summer tires that would flat-spot noticeably just being parked over night, and they'd be back to normal in a mile or two unless it was very cold out, in which case it could take several miles. Some tires won't do it til they've been parked for weeks.

you can always balance your tires or rotating even the smallest weight that fell off cant make that vibration... warped rotors even not applying the brakes can make that vibration ... driveshaft loss of weights that can be a problem also loose ball joints out of round wheels... its a proses of elimination those are sum hints good luck

you can always balance your tires or rotating even the smallest weight that fell off cant make that vibration... warped rotors even not applying the brakes can make that vibration ... driveshaft loss of weights that can be a problem also loose ball joints out of round wheels... its a proses of elimination those are sum hints good luck

I appreciate the input. I don't think it's the brakes because I just put new rotors and pads all around about 3 weeks ago. Plus the vibration was there before I changed them. The U-joints are about 5 months old but that doesn't mean they couldn't be bad. I think I will start with a rotate and balance and go from there. Thanks again.

I would also recommend balance and rotating your tires or if it fits the budget new tires all together. Your description definately sounds like a tire or tires could be the culprit. Also recheck that driveshaft. Sometimes if you remove them and dont put it back exactly where it was it can cause vibration. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
I would also recommend balance and rotating your tires or if it fits the budget new tires all together. Your description definately sounds like a tire or tires could be the culprit. Also recheck that driveshaft. Sometimes if you remove them and dont put it back exactly where it was it can cause vibration. Good luck with it.
Yeah I'll probably have the tires looked at first. I don't think I need to replace them. They are only about 11 months old and have tons of tread left. I only drive back and forth to work (15 miles) and around town. I've got an aluminum driveshaft I bought used but I want to get it checked for balance before I install it. Maybe that will be next in line. Thanks

Looking to get some advice or direction for some of you gurus on here. I have a slight vibration at low speeds and it feels like it is coming from the front end. It's almost like a bouncing feeling if that makes sense. I only notice it at low speeds and it seems to only happen when I drive the car after it has been sitting a bit. After I drive it for a while it seems to level out on it's own. Not sure where to start troubleshooting on this one. Any ideas? Thanks

Here are a couple of temp related guesses you may not have thought of.
1. If it can be felt mainly through the steering wheel, it could be an old PS rack with morning sickness. Does it get worse in the cold, how is the fluid condition and how many miles are on the rack and pump? Every Fox body I have owned needed a rack eventually, and they can do some weird things while warming up. There are not many things that go away when warm like this.

2. It could have to do with a cold misfire condition - see diagnostics from the computer to test the cylinder balance.