front suspension and brakes

So if you get say the TCP coilover suspension kit in a 65-66 you could notch the shock towers to get mega header clearance for say a 351W based stroker?

I would assume you would need to go with a coilover of some sort to notch them right?

The TCP coilover setup still uses the uca where the RRS only uses the upper mount on the shock tower and the lover on the LCA, the UCA is completely eliminated allowing you to then notch the towers.

Here is a video on the notching kit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDFke4twWI4

• Sponsors (?)

So if you get say the TCP coilover suspension kit in a 65-66 you could notch the shock towers to get mega header clearance for say a 351W based stroker?

I would assume you would need to go with a coilover of some sort to notch them right?

no, you can notch the towers without having to go to a coilover or strut front end. you won't be able to notch them as deeply as with a coilover or strut but you can still notch them.

I installed RRS struts and power steering 2 years ago. The ride and steering are excellent, I mean it is like driving a new car.

I didnt notch (302) although I wish I had because it would be nice to have plenty of room when fitting headers and plugs.

A 460 !? ............ absolutely, go for it. there is no substitute for cubes'

Marshall

Hi all:

I have a '67 Mustang I am working on and want to notch the shock towers to a distance of 31" (they are now, stock at 27"), which means 2" on each side. I am hoping the engine I am getting will be "tall enough" so that I can notch above the Upper Control Arm (Shelby, 1" lower) mounting position.
Any ideas if
1) This is possible,
2) How to do it.
This is my first build so I will hire someone to do it, but I want to be sure the directions I give will work.