Front sway bar bushing install

limp

wrap a little cheese around it and its a done
Oct 4, 2020
Florida
I can't seem to get the fingers to catch from the top piece that fits into the bottom " U " piece that surrounds the bushing...
Installing MM poly bushings into the stock oem brackets onto the stock front sway bar....

I am inserting the 2 fingers that go sideways and then trying to snap in the 2 fingers on the other side ( that point down) ......
A picture of the original bushing shows these 2 " downward" pointing fingers were actually pushing into the bushing when new, rather than sliding down the outside of the bushing.......
Nothing in the FSM to show any " special " instructions about these...
I did look at the LMR pics for these parts new and they show all 4 fingers pointing sideways?
Some pics attached..... What am I doing wrong? thanks..
DSCF1307.JPG
DSCF1308.JPG
DSCF1309.JPG
DSCF1310.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

Here is the stock bushing and you can see how the downward pointing attaching fingers seemed to have been forced into the bushing
DSCF1311.JPG

Random ebay part pic. They look like yours.

I remember i had a PITA time with mine, but it was a while back so the details are fuzzy

1675370628028.png
I am beginning to think after you get the two fingers that point downwards started that you bend them back up pointing sideways like the other side?? I noticed in my pic that the old bushing says " clevite " so maybe these were replaced at some time in the past??

What I ended up doing was spreading the " U " shaped metal piece apart.. I straightened out the 2 metal fingers to look like the other side, installed all of it and then bent the U shaped part back together again with my very large pliers..... Seems to be the correct way to do these??
Thanks for looking all...
DSCF1312.JPG