FRPP Stingers, Two thumbs UP!!!

billb60

Apr 4, 2005
Gaithersburg MD
I just finished installing the axle backs and man it is so cool:D !!!!

Yes I had to tweak the hangers to get them to line up and had to enlarge the alignment slot on passengers side too.

They do drone at 1900 RPM while you accelerate, but just down shift and it's gone. Idle to midrange a little louder than stock. Midrange on up much better the stock for the stock would just go quiet and now the stingers just keep going.

I highly recommend them to anyone who wants "THE" sound but not too loud and too high priced.

• Sponsors (?)

i recently put my wife's stingers back on, the first time i put them on, i didn't really like them, because of the drone, but she wanted them back on so that's what happened, she loves hers, they do drone though, but it's not my car...and i had to tweak the hangers like crazy to get them to lign up, and they lign up great with the cutouts...but the passenger tip sits about a 1/2 inch lower than the driver's side...maybe i will take it to a muffler shop and have them cut the hanger and reweld it so it matches...

Hanger adjustment

racerraj said:
Cool. I hoping they find their way under the Christmas tree this year. Sounds like the have just the sound I want.

What did you have to do to the hangers, just bend them a little?

Yes I had to bend them here and there to get tailpipes to line up. You do have to take them on and off each time which is not too bad once the stock ones are off because there is a mounting bolt, between frame and muffler, and not much room to get a wrench in there.

McQueens Dream said:
i recently put my wife's stingers back on, the first time i put them on, i didn't really like them, because of the drone, but she wanted them back on so that's what happened, she loves hers, they do drone though, but it's not my car...and i had to tweak the hangers like crazy to get them to lign up, and they lign up great with the cutouts...but the passenger tip sits about a 1/2 inch lower than the driver's side...maybe i will take it to a muffler shop and have them cut the hanger and reweld it so it matches...

I had the same issue with the passenger tailpipe being lower. I took it to the muffler shop and they heated the hanger while pushing up on the tip with a muffler jack. After it cooled they are now aligned perfect. Only charged $10 to fix it, well worth it instead of having to wrestle with the mid-pipe to get them even.