FS: Steeda Underdrive Pullies (Like New!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneaky98gt

10 Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
NC State University
$125 shipped. These will work on the 96-early 01 Mustang GTs. They go for over $200 new, plus shipping.

I got this set of pulleys a few years ago and ran them for around 5,000 miles before I got the blower. These are the real deal, SFI-certified, designed-in-conjunction-with-Ford, underdrive pulleys, not the BS piggyback ones that are known to cause problems. I had absolutely no problems with them; many people have logged 100,000+ miles with them with no problems. These pulleys cause NO charging or cooling issues; I drove my car in the hot and humid NC heat with no cooling issues, and never had a problem powering my sound system (Mach 460 stuff plus two 12" subs drawing 400 watts RMS).

These pulleys will make a great replacement for your old, rusted, ugly, probably-worn-out stock pulleys. And yes, the harmonic balancer WILL wear out. This is what my stock balancer looked like after it disintegrated (up next to what it should look like):

1022681.jpg

And you definitely don't want that happening.

I could definitely tell a difference in acceleration. Nothing dramatic, but it was noticeable. While I don't have any time slips to back it up, many of the old die-hard 2-valve racers documented SOLID gains of .1 seconds and 1 mph in the 1/4 mile from these pulleys. Many also have recorded gains of over 1/2 mpg increase, which means they would pay for themselves in a couple of years. Can't beat that!

One thing you WILL notice is how much faster the car revs up. It really was a HUGE difference on my car. It will hit the rev limiter almost instantly, or so it seems.

Ok, enough talking, here's some pics. Just let me know if you want to see anything else.

Harmonic Balancer
1022698.jpg

1022702.jpg

1022704.jpg

View attachment 185774

Water Pump Pulley. Notice that you can barely tell where the belt rode.
1022713.jpg

1022715t.jpg

1022717.jpg

Alternator Pulley
1022719l.jpg

1022723.jpg

Both Bolts From Steeda (one is used to pull the harmonic balancer onto the crankshaft, while the other is the TTY bolt [which can be reused several times])
1022724.jpg

Complete Instructions from Steeda
1022726.jpg

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Sponsors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.