Fuel line fitting won't go on

James V

5 Year Member
Feb 26, 2017
Connecticut
Hey guys I bought the Russel fuel line kit for my stock fuel rails and I can't get one of the lines to stay securely on. The fitting goes on and seems tight but if I pull on it, it slides right off. I'm stumped.

20200322_113304.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

had that issue.. check the spring inside the fitting make sure it's in centered. If not take a pic or tool and move it so it's centered before pushing it on. Also I put a small dab of oil on the connector end just enough to help the fresh fitting on.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
had that issue.. check the spring inside the fitting make sure it's in centered. If not take a pic or tool and move it so it's centered before pushing it on. Also I put a small dab of oil on the connector end just enough to help the fresh fitting on.
Does this look right to you, I dont see anything that needs centering. I put a little oil on it and still "pops in" and can be pulled right out

20200326_181640.jpg

Does this look right to you, I dont see anything that needs centering. I put a little oil on it and still "pops in" and can be pulled right out

20200326_181640.jpg
No. The spring which locks it looks like its missing . Which is why it will not lock .

Reactions: 2 users

20200326_181640.jpg

Lol yup your missing the spring inside there that locks it in place... contact Russell or whoever you bought them through for a new line/fitting

Reactions: 1 user
Those connectors work well and in theory are easy to take on and off, but they are always a giant PITA anytime I have mess with them. Maybe it's just because all the ones I've worked with are old.

The A/C repair parts section of the Auto Parts store will have the replacement garter springs for the fuel connectors. The A/C line connectors use them for many of the tubing joints.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users