Fuel Line Question, Help!

GreenStangGT

Jan 29, 2004
We spent some of yesterday swapping out my intake manifolds, today we are putting it back together. However, for whatever reason we were temporarily convinced we need to take the fuel lines off at the fuel rail. :shrug:

We didn't abuse them too much, but we also didn't use a fuel line disconnect tool. I actually realized that we didn't need to remove them before we even got them off. However, now the lines won't stay solidly attached to the rails. We can clip them on, but they will slide about 3/4 - 1" away from the post they should be flush with without much effort. Did we break the connectors in the line? What should we do at this point to make sure they fit properly?

Thanks for any help, we'd like to get this done asap!

• Sponsors (?)

Can you post any pics of them? It sounds like either it's not locking together or you're maybe looking at the rubber jacket that goes over the outside of the lines. The braided line shouldn't move more than a 1/32" or so once it's locked in by the guard spring. The large round cages are attached to the flexible lines, so if those don't move, your lines should be ok.

On the flip side, it's supposed to be impossible to take those spring lock connectors apart without pushing the guard spring out of the way somehow. You'd have to really put some force to it and that would definitely damage the fittings. :shrug:

Scott

We were looking at the rubber jacket moving, good call. I figured it out this AM when I realized that the fuel rail wouldn't connect directly to the line. Thank you for the input, I'm glad we hadn't actually hurt anything!

P.S. Got the car put back together and it runs much stronger than I was expecting. Well worth the work! :nice: