Fuel line replacement questions

Maryland Stang

Aug 21, 2002
Greenville, NC
I have to replace about a 12" section of my fuel lines coming from my fuel filter and tank. The portion of the lines at the very rear of the car has rusted out from being in too many Jersey winters. The rest of the line looks excellant all of the way to the engine. Both the feed and return are badly rusted right at the rear of the car.

My questions are these:

I would like to use braided hose for the repair. Russell has a 5/16" hard line to -6 AN adapter that I can use for the feed. Has anybody ever seen a 1/4" hardline to -4 AN adapter since the return uses a 1/4" line?

As a last and final resort can hose clamps be used to secure the braided hose if I can't find the adapters? I would double clamp it.

I have even thought about using brake inverted flare fittings. Will AN fittings thread up to inverted flare fittings?

I am not against replacing the entire feed and return lines with braided hose. Does someone make the adapters to attach to the fuel filter and the fitting at the engine?

I am aware that you can purchase replacement fuel lines and I know where to get them. I would like to do this the hard way. :D

Please be specific in your answers especially in regards to fittings. If you can provide a link to specific parts I would appreciate it.

I am on a budget.

• Sponsors (?)

yeah you can also cut and do a slight flare on the ends of your stock lines and get some areoquip pushloc fuel line and some of those clamps and voila instant fix