Fuel Pump causing stalling?

trlps_

Feb 25, 2020
Houston
Bit weird but I did notice this problem that started to happen, when the fuel pump is on and operating properly, the car starts and idles fine but a little rough for a few seconds but then will cut off almost everytime I start the car. I tapped the inertia switch in the back and unplugged anything that would cause the fuel pump to turn on at all and noticed that it started fine and idled fine and steady until it ran through all the fuel in the system. I also tried letting it idle with the fuel pump off a couple of times and turning the fuel pump back on while it’s idling and as soon as it turns on, same thing the car cuts off. Does anybody have any idea as to what this could be? I did change the fuel pump assembly already but it was having this issue before and it still is continuing to do the same thing, cant seem to figure out what it is.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Possibly the Idle Air Control valve.
im leaning on it but not 100% sure, I know it gave me some problems before like idle surge and when driving in gear the rpms would go pretty high and stay there even when coming out of gear, I cleaned it with carb cleaner and nothing changed still was doing the same problem, the fuel pump problem is throwing me off the most though but hopefully it is the IAC

Just wondering. What model year Mustang are we dealing with anyway?

Troubleshoot IAC idle problems 1996-2004

What about the alternator and battery?

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test

Is the fuel rail pressure sensor intake vacuum reference line connected and leak free?