Fuel pump shot?

Ok, well these parts are going in this weekend. Alot of local stangers are telling me that FFRP wires are junk. Im not so sure about that! One was saying that his new wires were so bad that he could ground one hand on the radiator and the other ontop of the Dist and feel alot of arc. I didnt feel a thing! I think if he felt "arc" he wouldnt be touching it longer than .02 secounds.

Um yes, Astronut. Those suggestions are way over the top! Whadya think all I spend $ on is this car!? :D

Thats probably not too far from how I would handle things if all those items went bad!

So yes, the weekend = MSD TFI coil, Accel TFI module, TB/ISC cleaning with fuel filter replaced.
IF NO SUCCESS goto
OLD WIRE PROGRAM
IF SUCCESS goto
FFRP wires suck and buy different wires
IF NO SUCCESS goto Walbro 255 pump, filler neck gasket

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I ran FRPP wires for over a year on my current car, and ran them for two years on my last car with no problems. In my opinion they're great wires. The only reason I changed to MSD wires is because I have a 6AL box sitting in my back seat awaiting install, and I figured that I might as well go MSD across the board. Otherwise, the FRPP wires would still be in the car.

Well guys, sorry for the delay. Astronut. I replaced the TFI and the coil. Unfortunately, like a dumbass I pulled the distributor to see what tool I needed to remove the TFI. I have a bad habit of cleaning everything - even sanding- and well I did that to the distributor while running a press at work. IT TOOK FOREVER TO GET IT RIGHT! Why? well, I feel that I was dead nuts on more than 60% of the time but the FPR was stuck. I didnt figure this out until a week later when I couldnt start the car again. I drove my other car. One morning I woke up and my first thought was to tap the FPR with a hammer handle! I tried to crank it as usual = nothing. A few taps? VRROOOOm with zero effort! And now continues the next saga, Aeromotive adj FPR coming in.

If you're going to get an adjustable FPR, get a Kirban. Top quality & best buy for the dollar at about $70 if you shop carefully.

Yeah guys, Ive heard alot of good things about the Kirbins. Ive also heard good things about the Aeromotive being the best but more expensive. I bought the Aeromotive piece for 80 - reguar price is 120

I hope its good. :(

Yeah, aeromotive is good stuff. Just take your time setting the pressure. Make sure you have a f/p gauge on hand to set the pressure by. If you don't have one, go to a local garage and see if they could help you out.

Well, the car still smells like fuel when running.
The car still feels slow and still falls on its face at 3K+ under load.
So, new ignition setup and FPR didnt fix but improved things a tad.

Im thinking I have a few bad injectors(do they ever really go bad?) and most likely some rotted O rings.

Im in the middle of a mark8/3G and exhaust upgrade so Im hurting on cash so

1st Im going to try replacing the O rings if thats not the issue

I'll get 24 or 30# injectors and just lower the FPR (35 psi is its lowest setting)

Its got to be the injectors or Orings!