Fuel pump wont kick on

warmdye

Founding Member
Oct 2, 2000
Out in the Desert
Here is the deal. I installed an aeromotive fpr and an autometer fuel pressure guage tonight. I installed the fpr first which was super easy. Unscrew the old one and screw the new one in. After the fpr swap I turn the key to run an let the fuel pump kick on to let the air out of the lines. It took 5 or 6 turns of the key until I could hear all the air had escaped. I unplugged the battery and hooked up all the wiring for my electronic fule pressure guage. I had to tap into the dimmer wire and the ignition wire at the fuse box. I wired the rest of the guage up (power and ground wires) with no problem. I finished and the guage works fine. Now my fuel pump doesn't kick on when I turn the igintion key. I can't hear it. The guage does't register any pressure because the pump isn't working. I didn't even mess with anything related to the fuel pump during the install. Could this just be a coinsidense and my fuel pump or relay went out. The weirdest thing is I went pull the codes from the computer to see if anything shows up and the car won't let me do a self test. I hook my code scanner up with the key off like I've done a million times in the past and leave the scanner switched to hold then go turn the key to run and then switch the scanner to test and nothing happens. Usually when i switch it to test I can hear relays and such clicking an making noise but not now. I didn't have time to test the fuel pump relay tonight but I will tommorrow. Whats the deal?

• Sponsors (?)