Progress Thread Fun FOX

Maddene

Aug 28, 2018
Maine
Well it has been awhile since I shared anything about my fox. A brief run down on how we got here. I bought the car 2 weeks before Christmas last year, brought it home and began working on it. The car came with good paint and bones. The V1 supercharger came with the car on a stock block. Car ran great but was lacking hp so we tore it apart to make it the way I thought it should be.
I stripped it down to a bare block checked all clearances With help of Batten motor sports . we then started building it up from there. We started with the usual stuff oil pump front and rear main seals etc.. when we got to the top( the fun stuff) Anderson B31 cam, Ford performance lifters,Twisted wedge 170 heads,Trick Flow R intake, 42lbs injectors and Areomotive fuel rails. ( The fuel rails were the most challenging for me and expensive!) We used Trick flow 1.6 roller rockers and used 80mm maf and throttle body. While waiting for parts I cleaned the engine bay and the underneath of the car. with COVID I had plenty of time to putter. We also installed a new Mcleod super street clutch to handle the the upgrades of the engine. We then trailered it to Pete’s Performce Dyno in Loudon New Hampshire. With Pete’s knowledge and our parts we were able to squeeze 440rwhp and 425lbtrq With only 7lbs of boost. Here are some pics of the
1603562071258.jpeg
1603561766396.jpeg
1603561698833.jpeg
1603561698833.jpeg
1603561766396.jpeg
1603561865956.jpeg
1603562071258.jpeg

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Beautiful car. Love the two tone. I have an 87 with the charcoal upper and titanium lower. And I deleted the belt tape stripe as well. Good luck with it. One question. How the hell are you gonna get it down off those blocks she’s sitting on, and for that matter how the hell did you get it up there? Lol

Beautiful car. Love the two tone. I have an 87 with the charcoal upper and titanium lower. And I deleted the belt tape stripe as well. Good luck with it. One question. How the hell are you gonna get it down off those blocks she’s sitting on, and for that matter how the hell did you get it up there? Lol
Floor jack and jackstands.

Thanks guys. I actually had her out Sunday for a quick blast to the bagel store. Took my nine year old daughter with me. She loves riding with me in that car when I “get on it.” She laughs and screams. It was nice. Wish there was more time to use it. But you know how that goes.

Actually this is the first year since the early 2000’s that I didn’t put her in one car show. Every one that I intended to go to, which is only about 3-4 a year anyway, were canceled due to COVID. I know a lot of you guys are in the same boat. Will never forget 2020. And I fear the drama isn’t over. Election Day is a week away. Anyway, everybody stay safe.

Actually, knock on wood, none. I’m very careful on when and where I get on it. I have a CDL and can’t afford to put it in jeopardy. Wish they would give us a drag strip here on Long Island. Then I could have some real fun with her.

Actually this is the first year since the early 2000’s that I didn’t put her in one car show. Every one that I intended to go to, which is only about 3-4 a year anyway, were canceled due to COVID. I know a lot of you guys are in the same boat. Will never forget 2020. And I fear the drama isn’t over. Election Day is a week away. Anyway, everybody stay safe.
I hit one Mustang show in Islip (Strong Island Stangs show) at the end of Sep. Was surprised I didn’t see your car there. Would’ve stopped and said hello!

Heard about that show. That weekend was using the boat for the last time before they pulled it out. Saw a Strong Island Stangs get together at Cedar Beach in Mt Sinai a couple of weeks back. Were you there?

Heard about that show. That weekend was using the boat for the last time before they pulled it out. Saw a Strong Island Stangs get together at Cedar Beach in Mt Sinai a couple of weeks back. Were you there?
No. That was the only show I got to. I wanted to get to one of the ones they started in Commack on Sundays at the old Macy’s lot, but it just never happened.