Fuse #15 keeps blowing

im2damncool

Founding Member
Dec 28, 1999
Chico, CA
It controls the speedo/tach gauges, low coolant light, low oil light and seat belt chime. I've replaced it but it just blows again as soon as you turn the key. I recently had my harmonic balancer replaced, and it stopped working the day after I got it back. Do I need to pull the center console apart and check the wires? And if so which ones? Or could they have messed it up when they did the balancer? I need to fix this before I get a speeding ticket.

• Sponsors (?)

I might disconnect the items on the circuit. Then reconnect them one at a time till the fuse blows.

The low coolant circuit is in the general neighborhood of the R/R components for a balancer. Initially, I'd check for pinched/shorted wires leading away from the sensor.

Good luck.

I have a 94 and it's #15 according to my manual. Sits between #14 (power window CB) and #16 fog lamps etc.
HISSIN50 - Great idea with the disconnecting components. I wish I knew how to go about doing that. I assume they connect at the back of the fuse box? Is is easy to get back there and figure out what's what?

im2damncool said:
I have a 94 and it's #15 according to my manual. Sits between #14 (power window CB) and #16 fog lamps etc.
HISSIN50 - Great idea with the disconnecting components. I wish I knew how to go about doing that. I assume they connect at the back of the fuse box? Is is easy to get back there and figure out what's what?

Yea, I forgot to ask what year when I posted.