Fuse keeps blowing

• Sponsors (?)

well...rubbing as in the harness rubs a sharp point or edge enough to make it past the wire insulation and touch the wire to metal and *pop* ...it happened to me my cold air kit moved the harness next to an opening in the fender and the sharp edge of the inner fender eventually rubbed thru...i thought it was the fuel pump but after i replaced it it still blew the fuse....so i looked at the schematics and found the things the f.p had in common with and i just did a visual inspection and found it....check it out...maybe youll get lucky....but if not...good luck with it....just pay attention to the detals and look closely at everything...i am sure you will find a soulution to your problem... :)

I searched High and Low for a week and tried everything..I wanted to blow it up....I finally couldnt go without a car anymore so I borrowed the money off of a friend and its getting towed tomorow to a shop so they can F with it....I just hope they dont rip me off....:(
What are some valid things they may need to "replace" so I know they arent BSing me...I know the CCRM is fine...I know the pump kicks on fine....I dont really knwo this shop but they wanted 200 to put in a new MAF when they checked the codes for me along time ago...lmao I laughed.....The only reason I am taking it to them is becuase I called one of the techs last week and he tried to help walk me through the problem so he has some background knowledge on my problem....

Why don't you run your own positive wire from the battery to the fuel pump? I don't get why you are getting mad/upset. The new wire will bypass anything to do with the stock wiring, and will not blow fuses. Just make sure you install an inline 20A fuse and a switch to turn it on/off.

Run the wire. Drive your car. When you get home, try to figure it out. Don't panic.

If you don't want to fix it yourself, the PCM and the CCRM and any wiring could be bad. Any of those could be the problem.
Scott

Mo dingo read a couple posts up I did that and got the pump to kick on but the injectors werent opening since it was bypassing the pcm and it would just crank......
Thats why I was getting pissed at it :(

CivicEater said:
I did what you just said and the pump kciks on fine, but the car still just keeps cranking.....My mechanic friend said since you are bypassing most of the power wire and passinf the PCM the injectors arent opening....how did you fix this?

There ya go

i am thinking on running a wire from the battery like you guys were saying with a inline fuse but my question is im not so good with how long the fuel pump should have power going to it should i just start the pump for say 10 secs before i turn it over and then shut it back off or leave it running while im driving too ? also what gauge wire do you use ?