• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

FYI - Front ABS sensors will work in the rear

  • Thread starter Thread starter NEEDA5.0
  • Start date Start date Feb 14, 2004

NEEDA5.0

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2002
563
0
0
Feb 14, 2004
#1
  • Feb 14, 2004
  • #1
After busting a set during my gear install I got a set on Ebay for the bargain price of $10. Unfourtanetly, I bought the front sensors by mistake. Seeing as how the rears were already broken and I had already bought the fronts I figured I'd give it a try. I just cut off the broken sensors then cut the front sensors off the harness leaving about six inches of wire. Theres two wires in side a thick plastic casing, I just soldered the two wires (same colors on the front and rear), shrink wrapped it and added a little electrical tape. Good as new. Just thought I'd share that. So if you can get a pair of fronts really cheap (like I did) your set for a cheap fix. Ford wanted $54 for one and $63 for the other.

FORD PARTS DEPT
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

W
Front ATS brakes with Taurus rear brakes. Full parts needed?
  • Wagonized
  • Sep 24, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
127
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 25, 2026
General karthief
Front Coil Overs and Rear Traditional Springs within a Maximum Motorsports K-Member Kit
  • Habu135
  • Sep 7, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
24
Views
595
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 9, 2026
Habu135
D
Running both lean and rich with O2 heat codes
  • Danceswithfire5
  • Aug 30, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
131
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech Sep 5, 2026
apple99Mustangdude
A
Electrical Ron Francis Headlight / Alternator Harness
  • dan50
  • Apr 30, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
0
Views
279
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Apr 30, 2026
dan50
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?