Gas In The Oil

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Just like the title says I smell fuel in the oil... this is my "oh :leghump:" moment. car us together, tuned, got the mounts for the SC done and all pulleys aligned.. ready for road trip.

History ............
Broke ring on #5, debris on piston skirts cleaned and re-ringed used iron rings.

Then decided boost, Cuz Moar fun.

Car runs great made 380tq 280hp at rear tires on Dyno jet.

So the question is what could be causing gas in oil?

-I will do compression/leak down testing soon. plugs all read the same.
-have noticed that when I remove the intake piping smell of fuel even after it sits for a few days.
-sometimes FP gauge shows rapid leak down after engine shutdown. will have to clamp the feed/return lines to rule out injectors.

Now you know as much as I do.
Any bets on what's wrong?

• Sponsors (?)

Just like the title says I smell fuel in the oil... this is my "oh ****" moment. car us together, tuned, got the mounts for the SC done and all pulleys aligned.. ready for road trip.

History ............
Broke ring on #5, debris on piston skirts cleaned and re-ringed used iron rings.

Then decided boost, Cuz Moar fun.

Car runs great made 380tq 280hp at rear tires on Dyno jet.

So the question is what could be causing gas in oil?

-I will do compression/leak down testing soon. plugs all read the same.
-have noticed that when I remove the intake piping smell of fuel even after it sits for a few days.
-sometimes FP gauge shows rapid leak down after engine shutdown. will have to clamp the feed/return lines to rule out injectors.

Now you know as much as I do.
Any bets on what's wrong?
I've already offered my suggestions.

Well I'm almost 30 min in to my injector leakdown down test. not sure what pressure they needed to be tested at so I just clamped the return line and primed the pump a few times.
Wow almost 85psi on the rails.
20161102_162056.jpg
set a timer for 10 min then snapped this one.
20161102_163036.jpg

20 mins later.....
20161102_163757.jpg

1478119795901-1628698452.jpg

I never did clamp the feed line sooo.... I guess this could be leak back into the tank. somehow I doubt it's the injectors though....

10+ at 25-4krpm
Roughly 2000 miles or so.... never really get to drive it.

The rings might not have seated and the air/fuel charge could be pushing past..

We also had a member seriously overfuel his fresh engine and it "washed out" the rings. He had to tear it back down.

A leak down test would show it if that were your case.

Yes sir that is the next step. I'm going to do compression test first then leak test the weak cylinders.... maybe I will get really lucky and be able to de tune it for a while. then again I'm never that lucky.:nice:

Are you topping the tank and doing an oil change everytime you start it up??
LOL no. custom SC. Nuff said. belts aplenty materials for brackets / remake brackets different tensioners ect.ect. plus heads had to be redone, then again after they still weren't right. broken lifters broken rocker arm...... I'm missing something... oh broke a ring during first assembly didn't realize it until it was too late.

Yeah she is probably right.

My wife did the math... cost me around 60$ every time I drive the car, even if it's just to the store. "On average"

This is getting old.
Look at the bright side Steve, every time i go out and see my non starting non driving car, i end up blowing WAY more than $60 on average.

Yet we still do it.....face it.....we're sick....:puke:

Reactions: 1 users