• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Gas Mileage

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigbear89406
  • Start date Start date Jan 13, 2010
B

bigbear89406

Member
Apr 18, 2005
37
0
6
Fallon, Nevada
Jan 13, 2010
#1
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #1
I have a 94 GT with a aode trans, I just put a Cobra intake on it with a cold air kit and and H pipe with no cats. I also replaced the Fuel pump with a New 155lph, pushing the gas through a oem fuel regulator. Now when I put that upper intake on I had to redrill the egr hole so that it would fit but also in the process I broke that metal tube that connects the egr to the top of the header, I'm getting a CEL now and run the codes and was a egr insufficient flow code. I have run a 1/4 mile pulled over and the plugs are not wet but yet If i drive just 25 miles it will use a 1/4 tank of gas i know that I own a soon to be quick car and am not looking for 50 miles to the gallon but dang i would like to know where the gas is going i do the speed limit any help or idea's would be helpful. thank you
 

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 26, 2004
2,374
140
113
Foothill Ranch, CA
Jan 13, 2010
#2
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #2
Did you plug the hole on the header? The computer reads the O2 sensors to determine if the fuel mixture is right, and if that hole ain't plugged you've got one nasty exhaust leak. So the O2 tells the computer you're running lean (not enough exhaust), so it adds fuel to the passenger side of the engine.

You can replace the metal tube, or you can make yuor own. However, I haven't done that myself so I can't help there. Hopefully someone else who has will pitch in.
 
B

bigbear89406

Member
Apr 18, 2005
37
0
6
Fallon, Nevada
Jan 13, 2010
#3
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #3
i put some jb weld around half of it but could not get all of it sealed up also too i used a gt EGR if i bought one for say a 94-95 cobra would it fit the intake without me having to redrill a hole in it?
 

Chythar

Recently finished repairing my rear
20+ Year Stangneter
Aug 26, 2004
2,374
140
113
Foothill Ranch, CA
Jan 13, 2010
#4
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #4
The GT and Cobras use the same EGR, so buying a new one won't help. The EGR tube SHOULD be the same between the GT and Cobra, though I do not know for sure. I do know that it only goes on one way, and it's really easy to think you have it right, but it won't bolt up.

Also, your CEL is caused by the EGR tube not being there. Some folks have removed the EGR pipe by taking one of the caps on the end, putting a penny over the hole in the exhaust manifold and tightening the cap down. This won't fix your CEL, tho.
 
B

bigbear89406

Member
Apr 18, 2005
37
0
6
Fallon, Nevada
Jan 13, 2010
#5
  • Jan 13, 2010
  • #5
I will try that thank you for the help
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

2
Running very very rich
  • 2esoteric
  • Oct 31, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
4
Views
419
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Oct 31, 2025
Noobz347
L
95 gt engine vibration
  • lenzgt
  • May 11, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
6
Views
306
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech May 26, 2026
lenzgt
L
D
Question about EGR valve, replacement, and a part on the valve.
  • DPP
  • May 9, 2026
  • SN95 V6 Mustang Tech
Replies
1
Views
198
SN95 V6 Mustang Tech May 23, 2026
DPP
D
Mustang II 4 cyl gear hunting and possibly messed up vacuum system
  • oesterreicher
  • May 31, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
11
Views
450
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Jun 14, 2026
manicmechanic007
H
Fuel starvation issues, 91 EFI to carb swap. Car dying after 1-3 gallons used. EFI tank, electric fuel pump, bypass regulator. Dual fed carb
  • hassler
  • Oct 11, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
872
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 12, 2025
nickyb
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?