Gasket sealer on intake gasket with Print-o-Seal?

jd-hart

Jun 29, 2005
Greensboro, NC
I am getting ready to install my lower intake manifold. My intake gaskets are Fel-Pro 1262's with the Print-o-Seal stuff around the ports. I have heard that are you not allowed to place any additional sealer on these. Due to it eating the orginal sealer????:shrug:

But in searching, I have found that many people do add sealer to the coolant ports, but I could not tell if they were using the Print-o-Seal gaskets.

I just want to make sure that I get it sealed up as good as I can, and not have to pull it back off.

Thanks.....

• Sponsors (?)

I used to put that stuff around every single opening in the intake/heads....then a month or so ago my buddy was helping me do my head swap and he said he's never put it on ANY of them. That's how we put it on and so far so good, nothing is leaking. Also he uses a big thick bead of it on the front and back instead of the cork/silicone gaskets...which is a place that almost always leaks on me and it's holding up great.

it's not necessary, definitely not around the intake ports. I put some around the coolant ports for good measure. I also use the bead of RTV in the front and back of the intake, works great.