gcomfx.com HELP!!! TFS Oil Filler tube...

About to put the oil filler tube in my TFS valve covers and running into the same problem gcomfx.com had during his Trick Flow build. Where to place the oil filler tube??? I know he mentioned putting it as close to the alternator/end of the valve cover as possible...but some measurements or pictures would help!!!! anyone with a trick flow oil filler tube mounted on trick flow valve covers with some pictures or measurements....please chime in!!!!! I want to get these puppies installed on my Twisted Wedge heads and soooooooooon.

thanks!

Mike

• Sponsors (?)

When I put mine on, I should have put the valvecover on first, so you can measure before drilling the hole for it. Mock everything up so you can pick the location. Mine's right up against the intake tube because I did it by eye. You'll want the valvecover off of course, but you can mark a suitable location for it with it on.

About to put the oil filler tube in my TFS valve covers and running into the same problem gcomfx.com had during his Trick Flow build. Where to place the oil filler tube??? I know he mentioned putting it as close to the alternator/end of the valve cover as possible...but some measurements or pictures would help!!!! anyone with a trick flow oil filler tube mounted on trick flow valve covers with some pictures or measurements....please chime in!!!!! I want to get these puppies installed on my Twisted Wedge heads and soooooooooon.

thanks!

Mike

Mike

I working on getting you a picture of where I put mine. It worked out very well as there is little to no room in the stock location. It seemed like the curve on the top of the valve cover would not allow for the grommet to seat right so I went to this location.

I am not sure of measurements because I did it by eye with the valve cover off the head. I made sure the hole is in between #4's intake and exhaust rocker arms so oil is not slung up the oil fill. I used a 1" hole saw bit for metal w/pilot bit. After the hole was drilled I used a curved file to open the hole to where the grommet fit very snug. I think it was around 1 1/8".

I post picture as soon as I get to it.

John

View attachment 367394

Best pics I have that online at the moment.

newengine5.jpg

newengine6.jpg

newengine7.jpg

I was worried about the clearance between the rockers and the top of the valve cover. So that left only two choices in my opinion. The front of back of the passenger side V/C.

Attachments

• newengine5.jpg
    newengine5.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 107
  • newengine6.jpg
    newengine6.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 115
  • newengine7.jpg
    newengine7.jpg
    206.4 KB · Views: 107
thanks for the pictures guys..... John - does the rear location work with a strut tower brace??? Or are you driving without one? I thought about placing my filler tube in the rear like yours but it seems like it might be a pain to fill once the strut tower brace goes back on...

I appreciate all the help...what about alternator clearance??? I think i'll be grinding the front of the v/c down a bit on a mill to gain clearance for my alternator. Are any of the aftermarket alternators more of a slim fit than the stocker???

thanks again for the help!