Geting Ready To Start On My 69 Shelby Replica -et Five Spokes?

I haven't done much of anything to it ,money has been tight .I have an end of the year bonus coming so i will be starting on it again soon .
I sanded the package tray smooth in the trunk area ,it was just raw fiberglass .I found a spray texture at Home Depot for out door furniture ,comes in several colors ,i am planning on spraying the back semi gloss black texture .I already sprayed a test panel and i like the way it looks ,kind of like the texture on the interior panels .
IMG_0317.jpg
IMG_0318.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I would stay away from the TT 2s myself. They look good but everyone does have them. Mine are similar to TT but just diff enough to tell made by Coys. I like those wheels you chose but am a fan of a little taller wheel like maybe a 17". I think with the size of the wheel wells after 66 needs at least a 17". My 2 cents worth.
BTW looking great so far, keep pics coming.

Well ,it has been a long time . The 66 is sold and the money is burning a hole in my pocket .Time to start buying parts for the 69 again .I bought the Ford tooling dash pad ,TMI door panels ,sun visors and a few other interior parts .I will be ordering more next week ...Spending money is fun!
_MG_6198.JPG

_MG_6197.JPG

looks like the other pics will not load .

I picked up a set of Pro Car leather seats from a friend ,they are used but very little AIS time ...Ass in seat :rlaugh:
They look like new .Been raining very heavily here for the past few weeks so i haven't been able to do anything with the car but soon as the rain stops i will get back on it .
22.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
i will on occasion, blast the outer panels ,if it is the origional paint with nothing on top of that. i stand back about 4 feet and hit it in an angle moving the nozzel back and forth quickly not allowing the sand to hit in one spot very long,and not tryng to get every thing off such as the origional primer .that i then D.A. off. i recently did a 67 fb.that the guy blasted .he got it spottless but warped the crap out of the roof, quarters, and tail panel, and i had to replace all of it. i wonder about the bed liner i sprayed. some day someone is realy going to **** about it because i dont think it will come off at all.
I'll be having my '66 coupe blasted soon; I'm so glad I read this beforehand. Now I know what not to blast. Glad to see you're back at this project.

Well , I have been so busy working i haven't been able to do anything with it .I dropped off the 4 speed to be rebuild at a friends last Sunday .I have to change the input shaft because it is a 390 4 speed and it has a bad gear .The car is ready to finish up the block sanding but i dont want to paint it if it has to set for any time .Soon as the 4 speed is finished i will get back on it again

I took my third member apart ,it had 5.14 gears a mini spool 31 spline .will not be using that ,i will order a Detroit locker and a new set of 3.50s .It has an aluminum pinnion support and billet caps .
I glass beaded the N case and scrubed it out with acetone ,it is spotless .I masked off the machined areas an sprayed it with Dtm epoxy primer ,this stuff will stay on for ever
20170604_161016.jpg
20170605_101504.jpg
20170605_101524.jpg
20170605_102314.jpg
20170605_105050.jpg
20170605_105100.jpg
20170604_161016.jpg
20170605_101504.jpg
20170605_101524.jpg
20170605_102314.jpg
20170605_105050.jpg
20170605_105100.jpg

I never thought i would see this day ,i finally have a top loader for the 69 . After having 2 stolen i pretty much gave up on this thing . A friend of mine ...a real friend ,is on his way right now with a rebuilt big block close ratio top loader ,the input shaft has already been changed to the small block and it comes with a competition plus shifter . Maybe now i will get the will to work on it once again ,it has been a long time.

Reactions: 1 users