• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Getting A Sleeve

  • Thread starter Thread starter Potomus Pete
  • Start date Start date Nov 28, 2024

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,243
153
Sarasota Florida
Nov 28, 2024
#1
  • Nov 28, 2024
  • #1
As an old guy I'm getting ready to crawl under my car now that the weather is a bit cooler. My car has been dumping oil out the rear main seal. Next week I plan on doing a pictorial in doing a sleeve to fix this mess. When I give it gas it just spins at the clutch, and I dont want to pay a guy so Im doing it over. Question??? Some people say a sleeve wont work. I did my clutch last year with a Teflon.
 

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
3,022
1,656
163
nevada
Nov 28, 2024
#2
  • Nov 28, 2024
  • #2
I put a sleeve on and had no issues Pete. I still have the plastic tool to install the sleeve.
I believe we discussed this before and i offered it to you.
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,243
153
Sarasota Florida
Nov 28, 2024
#3
  • Nov 28, 2024
  • #3
Its good Im going to Home Depot.....I just am hoping Im ok after being on my back forever. I have been dripping a handfull of oil every week so Im cleaning it up, and hoping for no leaks.
 
Reactions: Monkeybutt2000 and General karthief

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,243
153
Sarasota Florida
Nov 29, 2024
#4
  • Nov 29, 2024
  • #4
Im a little surprised that as much as the rear main seal leaks , nobody has done a sleeve. You never know when I did it last time it may be coming out the pressure plate screws. I cant imagine they are leaking but we will see
 

Bullitt347

I have been doing it wrong this whole time
15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2007
4,015
3,005
204
Middle of Maine
Nov 29, 2024
#5
  • Nov 29, 2024
  • #5
Potomus Pete said:
Im a little surprised that as much as the rear main seal leaks , nobody has done a sleeve. You never know when I did it last time it may be coming out the pressure plate screws. I cant imagine they are leaking but we will see
Click to expand...
Flywheel bolts need threadlocker/sealant.
Pressure plate bolts are not in a oil area.
 
Reactions: limp and Potomus Pete

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
Nov 29, 2024
#6
  • Nov 29, 2024
  • #6
Timkin has a seal. I put one on my car couple years ago. So far so good.
 

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
3,344
1,243
153
Sarasota Florida
Nov 29, 2024
#7
  • Nov 29, 2024
  • #7
Still somewhat of an amature thats why Im not happy about taking this apart again.. Good thing is its fairly simple when you get the car in the air
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Clutch pedal to Quadrant lag
  • Potomus Pete
  • Aug 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
346
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
Noobz347
O
Progress Thread LTD-ing
  • OX1
  • Mar 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
445
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Apr 6, 2026
OX1
O
C
Help with manual conversion
  • CPH89LX
  • Aug 23, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
460
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
2000xp8
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
177
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?