Getting an annoying vibration from the center console

Joker 5.0

Founding Member
Apr 16, 2002
Damascus, MD
I noticed lately that when accelerating, whether hard or normally between 2800 rpms and 3500 rpms, I'll get a vibration coming from the center console. The weird thing is, I can't really feel where it's coming from just by touch, but I can definitely hear it. There is no vibration in the shifter, and no loss of performance or anything like that. Just an annoying vibration I can hear, which sounds like it's hitting the entire console. Anyone else run into something like this?

Car is a 2005 GT with a 5-speed.

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed lately that when accelerating, whether hard or normally between 2800 rpms and 3500 rpms, I'll get a vibration coming from the center console. The weird thing is, I can't really feel where it's coming from just by touch, but I can definitely hear it. There is no vibration in the shifter, and no loss of performance or anything like that. Just an annoying vibration I can hear, which sounds like it's hitting the entire console. Anyone else run into something like this?

Car is a 2005 GT with a 5-speed.

I just very recently (the last couple of days) noticed the same exact thing. It is around the same RPM range and I tried to hold the dash pieces like you said and nothing seemed to dampen it.