Getting Frustrated with Latemodel Restoration

2000GT08

Feb 21, 2008
Foley Al
I've ordered from them before with out much problem but now it's getting frustrating, I ordered a 99-04 O/R H pipe for my 2002 GT by MAC exhaust and it came in this morning and on the box it says "Made In The U.S.A." sweet right? WRONG on the pipe it self no where to be found does it say MAC but it does say made in Canada. SO I called MAC gave the part number and they verified it as a fake MAC product that Late Model Restoration sent me. Any one else had this problem?

PS:Still waiting for Latemodel Resto to call me back.

• Sponsors (?)

Funny you bring them up! I have been waiting on my rims for months now. Each time I call I get an excuse on why my shipment has not been delivered. Hopefully you figure it out cause that sucks man. Honestly I should of dealt with American muscle again.

that's what I thought is I should go back to them or some one told me of a place called Texas Mustang I believe and he said when he ordered from them they were their in a decent amount of time and if they ran out of a product they upgraded the part with something better and still fit with what ever else you ordered.

i'll say on their behalf i doubt they knew... hopefully. i ordered my wheels/tires from them and everything was perfect. i thought maybe one of the wheels was out of balance and i called them expecting to have to argue for them to refund or pay so i could take it to a shop. without even asking they offered to pay any reputable tire shop to check. so they were very helpful with me (by the way the wheels were shipped perfectly balanced but they still reimburst me for having them checked). i can't say that they did or didn't know about the MAC system being fake but just wanted to put my $.02 in.

I deal with LMR alot and I would bet they had no idea it was a fake. Someone prolly offered them a good buy on a lot of the pipes since MAC is so backed up right now and they took it at face value. There is always someone out there to scam you. Texas Mustangs is a good place too. I have spent a few grand there. Nice guys, really knowledgeable and friendly. Their store looks like a closet though :rlaugh: One of the guys there has a 92 GT hatch with under 80K on it, a fresh AOD and a low mile Explorer 5.0 in it for something like $2600. If I had the money I would be all over it.

i never had a problem ordering from them they got a lot of ford parts for a good price. the only funny thing that has happen was i order a mach 1 chin spoiler and it was back oder, 1 month later i get it the box was beat up and it was adderesed to some guy in new mexico(i live in nyc)lol but the part was unharmed

Just so you know, most Mac exhaust products don't have "MAC", or "made in the USA" stamped anywhere on them. I have had 3 Mac o/r H pipes, & none of them ever said "Mac Performance" on them. The only tag they ever had stamped was "For off road use only". I don't even think my Mac LT headers even have "MAC" stamped on them??? It didn't really bother me because although Mac stuff is cheap, the quality & fitment is great for the price... You will know if its really a Mac H pipe, because it will be a 3 piece H pipe...

Due to working in the Mustang performance part industry I will say with almost absolute certainty that unless they purchase from a middle man (unlikely with a company like MAC) that they know that they're fake.

We purchase directly from companies like this, although I'm not sure with MAC. I know with BBK we order directly from them.

Want the real goods? Call CJ Pony Parts :)

CJ Pony Parts is by far one of the best mustang parts websites around. #2 to american muscle of course but they offer a much wider variety of parts. And if your wondering, you should give mac a call and ask when they started putting their name on their headers(or when they stopped) it may just be a difference in year the part was made (unless it says canada and then well, its fake lol)