Getting More Power/Better Performance from the '05 Mustang

Eduk8r

Oct 9, 2004
Chicago
Anyone have ideas for getting more power out of the GT's V8? I plan to add a supercharger in the no-so-distant future, but I'd appreciate any expert advice on adjustments I can do myself (or have a shop do for me) in the mean time.

I'm a bit of a novice at this kind of thing and a first time Mustang owner so please, type slowly and use small words. :)

• Sponsors (?)

Small things to do for a power gain would be a K&N air filter and a cat-back exhaust. That would open up the airflow a bunch and would not void your warranty. I also thought I read someone opened up the air box to make for less restrictive air flow into the inlet and throttle body etc.

Stang8URMPRT said:
Yeah, there is like a paper element inside the intake track. I would say a CAI, and catback. BTW, a K&N filter will void your warranty on the MAF. Any filter that contains oil will. Seen it many times.
Really? :eek: . I was planning on adding that. What about Flow-Masters?

Actually, you all are wrong. lol. I WORK at Ford, and I know what will and what won't. Yes, if you over oil it and there is oil on the MAF element, and you bring it in for a Check Engine Light and it's a bad MAF because of oil from the K&N, they will not replace the MAF under warranty. It will not void any other part of the warranty, just the MAF.