Getting ready for nitrous

2003_GT

Nov 5, 2008
Santa Fe, NM
Ok so i finally decided to get my nitrous set up, i decided to go with the ZEX wet kit 100 shot. Before i actually get the kit i want to get anything else i might need that doesnt come with the ZEX kit, which im getting from AM, things like a window switch, purge kit, injectors/fuel rails/fuel pump ANYTHING i will need to run the 100 shot SAFELY!!!!!!! And i also want a list of other things like guages and other accesories i will need to monitor and control everything

I plan on running these switches with the kit so any input on how to wire these up would be greatly appreciated
3 Switch Mustang Nitrous Control Panel (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

This would be my frst time running nitrous so i want to run it as safely as possible, i am going to get a dyno tune after the nitrous is hooked up:nice:

Thanks guys!!!!!!

BTW a have about 3500K-4K to spend and i plan on spraying ONLY at the track

• Sponsors (?)

Ok so i finally decided to get my nitrous set up, i decided to go with the ZEX wet kit 100 shot. Before i actually get the kit i want to get anything else i might need that doesnt come with the ZEX kit, which im getting from AM, things like a window switch, purge kit, injectors/fuel rails/fuel pump ANYTHING i will need to run the 100 shot SAFELY!!!!!!! And i also want a list of other things like guages and other accesories i will need to monitor and control everything

I plan on running these switches with the kit so any input on how to wire these up would be greatly appreciated
3 Switch Mustang Nitrous Control Panel (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

This would be my frst time running nitrous so i want to run it as safely as possible, i am going to get a dyno tune after the nitrous is hooked up:nice:

Thanks guys!!!!!!

BTW a have about 3500K-4K to spend and i plan on spraying ONLY at the track

If you can spend 3500-4k get turbo like I did.

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

Look at my youtube

YouTube - lovetorace's Channel

Turbo FTMFW:nice:

Well only reason i dont want to do something like a turbo or a supercharger is because i would still have to spend another 4K or less for the forged internals (as i know 400 horses would not be enough after i get a taste) plus the other supporting mods i think it would be pretty expensive

I figure nitrous would be good to invest in since 1 ill probably still have enough money left over for other stuff like LCA's maybe some headers etc 2 i know our cars can handle 100 shot of nitrous or less no problem, right? this car is my DD putting around 100 miles on it a day so i dont know how long it would last me with a FI application and 3 i only want that extra power for when i go to the track, not really into showing off how fast my car goes on the street

This would be for a "once in a while" type use

...as i know 400 horses would not be enough after i get a taste...

...i know our cars can handle 100 shot of nitrous or less no problem...

You're concerned about wanting more hp in the future with a supercharger, but not more hp from nitrous? You'll really stay at 100 hp? It is SO easy to up the hp output of a nitrous kit (swap jets). I guess the best thing I could say is to research this decision more, and I bet you'll come to the conclusion that a (relatively) mild and (relatively) inexpensive supercharger setup will make you happier in the long run.

Nitrous is the best bang for your buck. And if you are careful your car will live a long time on a 100 shot. Just set it up for 100 hp and leave it alone. Also get a fuel pump. SVT pump. And a tune to make sure everything is set properly.

There are more than plenty of 2V GT's out there with superchargers on stock motors. As long as you keep it below 10-12psi and have a good tune, you should be fine. Plus, you'll be running that 380-400rwhp ALL THE TIME rather than at short intervals. If I had $4K to spend, nitrous wouldn't even be on my mind, blower all the way.

Well of course a blower would be a WAY better option for power but i dont plan on keeping this mustang i currently have for more than idk another year and a half or two, so if i know i am not going to keep it i dont want to put a blower on it, id rather put that blower on something i know i am going to keep! so i figure nitrous would be good since i think its easier to remove a nitrous kit down the line than a blower:shrug:

Am I the only one that noticed it's your daily driver? If money's an issue, can you afford to break it? Or will you spend a few hundred extra dollars on a wide band air fuel to make sure your safe? Have you considered a timing adjuster? Are you going to leave the nitrous bottle in the car all the time? Do you have a reliable shop close by to fill your bottle? If so do they pump the nitrous or freeze your bottle? These are all good questions you have to consider, it's not just as easy and bolt it on and go.
And always remeber: You can run rich forever, but you can only run lean once!