getting the run around/not in stickies!!


it's built for speed not longevity, woman
Dec 26, 2006
Thomasville, ga
ok guys i have searched and looked in the stickies but cant find the answer. i have found a few threads where some guy is getting the run around about his flex plate. here is what i have and need. i have two differnet 351's one is an 1969 and the other is a 1985 and i have an AOD transmission. what flexplate do i need for the AOD? can anybody give me an exact answer? i know i need a 28oz 157 tooth flywheel for the 1969. but am not sure if thats the same for the 1985. can somebody please tell me what flexplate i need. the only ones i can find are for c-4's. please give me a year, make and model. any help is greatly appreciated.
  • Sponsors (?)


Nov 14, 2005
Nor*Cal (Vacaville)
what size convertor is used on the aod? if its 11" or smaller then most likely you need a 157 tooth. I dont have an aod but I beleive on the 85 the aod is the same bellhousing size as a c4 or t5 soa 157 would be what you want. the 164 tooth is common on C6 applications and ones with bigger convertors.


New Member
Jul 7, 2006
Mebane NC
You need to find out the converter bolt hole size, 11 7/16, or 10 1/2. I found B&M part numbers for each and if it's the 11 7/16, you need part number 40232. It's a 164 tooth. If it's the 10 1/2, you need 50242. It's SFI approved and is 157 tooth. Both are 28 oz balance.